JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't propose. I'm pointing out why these discussions are meaningless.
Why are they meaningless.
Discussion helps create understanding which helps find solutions. Difficult solutions can take longer, need longer or more discussions.

Otherwise we sit back and let anti gunners find "solutions".

Leftist/Democrats do not care about facts and logic, they are motivated by emotion. If anyone thinks that the facts cited in the OP will change their opinion regarding 2nd Amendment rights, just read some of the posts in this thread. "If it saves just one life" is a common position of gun control activists, and identifying an AR-15 as the reason for mass shootings is often cited, as shown in this thread. If anything, the left will justify these shootings as reason to infringe on other constitutionally protected rights, such as our 1st and 4th Amendment rights.

View attachment 1460925

Apologies for the wrinkles. Been on my fridge for a number of years. The statistics are likewise outdated, but the comparisons still ring true.
Glad to see that someone else did this....

I once caused a ruckus here on the forum by posting a picture of the AR15 I put together at home...
And my J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle....
Stating that these are the same...as in both are just rifles..
One could say that one is a semi auto rifle...and the other is a flintlock rifle...
But both are just rifles...a firearm with a grooved barrel , meant to accurately place its projectile on the target.
Andy

Leftist/Democrats do not care about facts and logic, they are motivated by emotion. If anyone thinks that the facts cited in the OP will change their opinion regarding 2nd Amendment rights, just read some of the posts in this thread. "If it saves just one life" is a common position of gun control activists, and identifying an AR-15 as the reason for mass shootings is often cited, as shown in this thread. If anything, the left will justify these shootings as reason to infringe on other constitutionally protected rights, such as our 1st and 4th Amendment rights.
Yep they are ruled by emotion and also manipulated by the politcal machine. Politician know that gun control will get D voters to vote. So they leverage it like mad. They know pushing that narrative = power and votes.

Re rules by emotion, see this example from nextdoor app from a person commenting on the "fine young man", and 18 year old who shot at the cops then got in a car chase and crashed (he also previously killed a 13 and 15 year old I think it was). Because he was caught in someone's back yard by the cops he must be a "fine young man". So nuts! Note that comments such as "he should be in prison out number the crazy comments by 3:1 or so, but I left hose out and only cherry picked some crazy comments:

5241E290-8172-49AC-A623-FC859D58A2F8.jpeg
1091DF06-FC5C-4214-9680-A234933EFDD5.jpeg
AF206A8B-99F3-4FA3-A56F-AE7CB7FFC06A.jpeg

Why are they meaningless.
Discussion helps create understanding which helps find solutions. Difficult solutions can take longer, need longer or more discussions.

Otherwise we sit back and let anti gunners find "solutions".
We never get anywhere. There is no solution because we oppose anything that curtails either people or guns, and no one is actually spending any tax dollars on mental health because conservatives oppose spending. We are also aware that many of these shootings are hate crimes, but we also opposed diversity training to get people to not look at each other as aliens.

I don't have a solution, and I know no one here does. Which is why I don't understand discussions that make it sound like there is one that the left isn't willing to accept. There isn't.

And you're darn right that the left is going to "solve" the problem while we dither.

We never get anywhere. There is no solution because we oppose anything that curtails either people or guns, and no one is actually spending any tax dollars on mental health because conservatives oppose spending. We are also aware that many of these shootings are hate crimes, but we also opposed diversity training to get people to not look at each other as aliens.

I don't have a solution, and I know no one here does. Which is why I don't understand discussions that make it sound like there is one that the left isn't willing to accept. There isn't.

And you're darn right that the left is going to "solve" the problem while we dither.
OK, I'll roll with this for a minute....

If there is no solution then giving up rights isn't a solution either. But liberals can't accept that life is dangerous. There will always be bad people who do bad things. To think society can stop that is the definition of insanity. At some point society has to admit that there will always be bad people, and good people need to ha e the means and ability to defend themselves.

So maybe that's why it seems like so many here oppose policies that restrict on our rights to self defense.

I'm all for spending on mental health; in fact, I specifically stated this in my letters to reps and senators in my opposition to HB 1240. Specifically, the money that will be spent defending HB 1240 (and other gun control measures) in court would be better suited to providing more mental health beds across the state. It's not much, but it's a start in the right direction. Mental health is so underfunded in this state it's beyond the pale. But mental health funding doesn't garner votes, so...

I'll add that working in the fedcon space, I simultaneously see the waste so prevalent in the government and also empathize with decision makers on deciding which group gets the financial support. I'm sure the same is true at the state level, just with fewer dollars to spend. For example, do we spend the money on mental health beds and services, or do we expand special education spending to accommodate the explosion in autistic students in all school districts? That's rhetorical, don't answer it please.

Last Edited:
For what it's worth the gun rights community has advocated for mental health for years, as well as advocate for keeping violent offenders locked up.
But these keep getting rejected by elected politicians.

In regards to "an answer"....

We already have over 20, 000 gun laws here in the US....most of them can be boiled down to "Can't"...
As in you can't do this...can't do that...can't own this...can't go there while armed...

One thing they seemingly can't do ...is stop crime or prevent people from harming others.

Speaking for myself here...
I am damn sick and tired of laws , bans , restrictions and the like that only affect me and other law abiding firearm owners...
But , again seemingly have no effect on crime or those who want to harm others.

Soooo....
Making more laws , bans and restrictions seems to me , a bit like a broken pencil...pointless.

If you want the same results...keep on doing the same thing...
If you want different results....do something different.

All of which has me wondering...
If ....
Making new laws , bans and such...is done 'cause its easy...looks good to some folks...someone can say that they "did something"...

Rather than taking a look at what is actually working and practical...and getting rid of what doesn't work....
Along with taking the time and effort to make a solution that is more than just "eye wash" or a band-aid...
Because searching for a real solution , does take time and effort...Along with cooperation...All of which may cost votes , etc...

Or if making new laws , bans and such is done...because it is doing exactly what is intended...a disarming of people as a whole.
Andy

Edit add...
Please note that my main point here is ...
More laws and bans...that are more or less the same as the other thousands we already have...ain't an answer.
Its time to try something else.
Andy

Last Edited:
We never get anywhere. There is no solution because we oppose anything that curtails either people or guns, and no one is actually spending any tax dollars on mental health because conservatives oppose spending.

Other than opposing gun control... most is not in the least bit true. Just more uninformed rhetoric. Although I will grant that conservatives are against spending.... on things that will have no appreciable affect... or that have "backdoor" provisions with too high of a "cost". Spending on things that will actually make a difference? Perfectly fine with that!!

The left view being... "anything contrary to what we want is invalid." When in reality, continuing to ignore the answers doesn't mean there are none.

The GOP has repeatedly brought measures to the floor that would provide funding for physical school security, RSO officers, mental health personnel and programs. The other side? If it's not about gun control they won't even have a meaningful discussion or reasons given... just flat out, "NO!".

Okay... so instead of allocating new funds... the GOP keeps proposing to at least let schools utilize already allocated, unspent and no longer needed millions from the covid fund to be used by schools for physical security, RSO's and mental health. All the democrats would have to do is agree to remove the provision that THEY put in place prohibiting any of those funds to be used for school security. The money has already been "spent" and sits unused... so why not??

Again... no meaningful discussion or reasons given... just a flat out "NO!".

You can keep blaming the GOP and "claiming" there are no answers, but the reality is... there are answers and steps that can be taken immediately to help improve the safety of our children. The democrats simply won't stand for any of it while sitting around crying that it's all the GOP's fault that nothing is being done. Meaning.... allowing more gun control.

They can't and won't "solve" anything until practical measures are taken to provide the resources to secure our schools and provide mental health services. Things that would actually combat the problem.

That's getting more deeply though into "politics" than gun related... but the whole idea of, "gun control or nothing" clearly isn't working and propagating the rhetoric that there is no answer... because it's not "our answer"... can't be allowed to stand.

Without new laws; lawyers, legislators, jailers, law enforcement and tax collectors would be out of jobs in short order, even just enforcing old laws. That is all I will say on this subject of laws.

On the subject of mental health and guns... who was it that said the mentally ill people have civil rights and rights to self-determination... and thus the asylums shut down, and released all these people onto the streets if they didn't have homes to go to, and who was it that resists the very notion of committing people to facilities?

There is no solution because we oppose anything that curtails either people or guns, and no one is actually spending any tax dollars on mental health because conservatives oppose spending.
pro gun solutions to improving mental health issues. The gun rights community does offer solutions, but the left doesnt want to support these ideas.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top