JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Martin hadn't done anything wrong at that point."

And neither had Zimmerman.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

He was found Not Guilty, Florida's Stand Your Ground law makes him immune against any civil suits.

Zimmerman didn't plead under the "Stand your ground law", he pled not guilty to 2nd degree murder. Where did you get your "info"?

Deen

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

KGW has a poll about the verdict. Do you agree with the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial?

kgw.com | Portland Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - KGW.com

So, how did the poll turn out? I can't even find the results on the site.

Deen

So anyone implying that Martin was a "little boy" or "harmless" is either lying or so clueless they shouldn't bother opening their pie-hole.

Because the media has and STILL IS using this photo for him

TrayvonMartin1.jpg
at 12 years old.

GZ is total moron that got himself into a situation he wasn't trained to deal with. Trayvon made poor choices as well. The state overreached with murder 2 and couldn't prove it.

With what the persecution had they couldn't prove jay walking!

Deen

I have seen others outside this forum also imply 17 year olds cant be dangerous. As a senior in high school ( 17 ) I was bench pressing 225 ( 10x4 ) and knew lots of football players doing the same.

I was benching 250 and I weighed 154#'s when I graduated. I college they couldn't put enough weights on the leg press so they had another student stand on the platform I was pressing.

Deen

The felony arrest was in 2005. He was also accused by his wife of domestic violence that year. Who knows what that story is but its certainly not ancient history. Anyway the point is they both had things in their past but a lot of people focus solely on TM.
And the charges were dropped for lack of evidence as I remember seeing.

Deen

Anyone that says a 17 year old kid can't be dangerous, hasn't spent much time around 17 year olds. I worked in juvenile corrections with kids who were almost identical to Trayvon in every way. Kids can be vicious fighters and are a hell of a lot quicker to fight than an adult would ever be - especially if that kid is gang affiliated.

Nobody has said that. That's called a straw-man argument. They both made poor decisions but we don't really know to what extent because we only get one side which is coming from the person trying to stay out of prison. My feeling is GZ came in like a raging bull because he was frustrated, mad, nervous and excited and that's exactly the opposite place you need to be when you are wielding lethal force. Trayvon acted like a moron as well. I would hope that an adult would have handled the situation better. Seems like it could have been easily avoided if cooler heads prevailed.

Nobody has said that. That's called a straw-man argument. They both made poor decisions but we don't really know to what extent because we only get one side which is coming from the person trying to stay out of prison. My feeling is GZ came in like a raging bull because he was frustrated, mad, nervous and excited and that's exactly the opposite place you need to be when you are wielding lethal force. Trayvon acted like a moron as well. I would hope that an adult would have handled the situation better. Seems like it could have been easily avoided if cooler heads prevailed.

But people have implied it a lot in this case -especially Trayvon's apologists in the media.

Yes because no child left behind is the reason she has not even the self respect to learn to read. Its the gooberments fault she goes to school and has learned nothing...

One of Ted Kennedys final crowning achievements. Looks like anyone who supported the Democrats on this are also being demonized for the program. I guess there really are significant penalties for being bipartisan.

Yes because no child left behind is the reason she has not even the self respect to learn to read. Its the gooberments fault she goes to school and has learned nothing...

It gets even better (by "better," I mean "worse"): Rachel Jaentel is offered a full-ride scholarship to a historically black college or university. WHAT IN THE HELL?!

WOW! George has an X-prez on his side.

Former President Jimmy Carter stymied Democrats' efforts to turn the death of Trayvon Martin into a partisan rallying cry Tuesday, telling local NBC affiliate WXIA in Atlanta that the acquittal of George Zimmerman was correct.

"I think the jury made the right decision based on the evidence presented, because the prosecution inadvertently set the standard so high that the jury had to be convinced that it was a deliberate act by Zimmerman, and he was not at all defending himself, and so forth," Carter said, speaking from the Carter Center for Peace.

"It's not a moral question, it's a legal question and the American law requires that the jury listen to the evidence presented. And I think another action that was taken in the court was not to bring in the race issue at all."

Carter praised President Barack Obama for accepting the outcome of the decision. He rejected the notion that the court was racially biased.

"I can't allege that the six jurors, all of whom are women, are not just as sensitive about the race issue as I am," Carter said. "Or that you are," he said, referring to the interviewer.

"My belief is that the verdict will stand," he added.

The interviewer pressed further: "But given the reaction in this country, we can't ignore race. Our country is responding in such a way that it makes you wonder where we stand."

"I've seen outbreaks of this before," Carter said, referring to the Rodney King verdict in 1992 and the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968. "With time passing, [African-Americans] start saying, 'What can we do about the present and future,' and put aside their feelings about the past."

Carter has, in the past, eagerly joined the ranks of those who label criticism of President Obama racist. He has also been criticized--often, though not exclusively, by conservatives--for supporting segregation.

Carter praised President Barack Obama for accepting the outcome of the decision. He rejected the notion that the court was racially biased.
WTF!!!!!!!!
We know Obummer hasn't accepted the verdict.

Deen

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top