JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else notice this? I clicked on a 1911 video today and in starts this looooooooong 90 second advertisement with all these actors and artists clamoring about "demand a plan". Don't go giving their website any hits, I googled and found out what they're demanding:

1) Require criminal background checks for ALL gun sales, including private sales

2) Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines

3) Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

So my question is, do the video uploaders not have any say in what type of ads are ran?

It may not be youtube as much as their webspiders or the ad people who manage to weasel their way into gun videos. The ads are random and are probably generated by keywords, content, category by the advertiser, etc..

That is my theory anyhow.. I don't know all the details, but I do know something about how other internet ads work based on search words, content matching , etc. It is usually done by an algorithm , rather than by a human. But who knows.

I don't think YouTubers have any say in what ads get ran on their videos. In fact... (I don't know for sure) but I'd bet that YouTube itself doesn't manually manage what ads are ran.

My guess is that it's similar to how most advertising is: The more you pay, the more often the ad gets ran. And it's probably triggered (no pun intended..:) ) by the type of video you watch. So... if you watch a video about making a salad, then you're likely to get ads related to selling salad shooters and other crap like that.

Bloomberg has said he's going to commit a large portion of his massive wealth to fighting guns. And our current environment is the perfect time for him to strike. A horrific crime has been committed, the peoples emotions are high, and we have liberal anti-gun people in power. This is the time to spend the money, keep the momentum going, and strike while the iron is hot.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of this type of stuff on TV and billboards and newspapers as well.

It doesn't matter what ads you see if the people that own the videos are signed up to receive payment for the ad hits they would still get paid for each hit. By not going to the videos you would be hurting the video owners some of whom generate a part of their income through You Tube.

Google owns YouTube,

Google has their own advertising (AdSense) that they use across their products (YouTube included)

Google is located in California

Any other questions?

The media wants you to believe America does not want guns . The anti gun people have been the minority but they want us to believe they are the majority they want you to think being antil gun is popular like voting for Obummer is popular

even though its not so.

the ads are custom fit based on keywords, tags, meta data, etc... but keep in mind Youtube is a Google company; Google is (or at least in the recent past has been) openly anti-gun.

Google may be anti-gun, but they are not exactly anti-freedom, as far as their media is concerned. I actually had some respect for them, when they refused to remove the controversial Mohammad movie, despite demands from Obama and The White House to do so as a result of the Benghazi massacre and the global outcry by Muslims around the world. This isn't to say I entirely trust them, but I don't forsee Google banning gun related videos anymore than I forsee them banning any violent or controversial videos. Despite Google's CEOs being of the Jewish background, they still even have neo-nazi videos on the site.

1) Require criminal background checks for ALL gun sales, including private sales

3) Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for "straw purchasers"

I would support these two. I consider both to be loop-holes for criminals. Background checks being required for out-of-state transfers or store purchases but not local private sales doesn't make any sense to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top