JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats funny, i have never received a PM nor sent one to you ever, on any subject. I wonder who you were talking to?

The data was exchanged was with Mr. jordanvraptor, the individual that had experience with the S&W lock. Not with the indiviual that gave reliability advise based on what he, "Heard."

Pretty much the reality of it which is why I have never understood the reason for small frame, short barreled revolvers chambered in .357 mag but the upside is the additional weight. Shooting .38 Special out of my Taurus 605 is a downright pleasure. Recoil of a .22 and incredibly controllable. The .357 mag (like many other calibers) only come into their own in the proper firearm IE. larger frame and longer barrel for optimum performance and control. Why would anyone want to punish themselves by shooting full power .357s out of a small frame, short barreled gun? Kind of like shooting a Glock 36 but without the advantage of milder, alternative round.

Revolvers as such as are not designed to be nice little shooters. They are defensive tools that are easy to conceal, hence the short barrel.

Don't get a Taurus!

Anyone who carelessly reloads can blow up any gun. That part is easy. I hope for your sake you do not decide to start the hobby and blame the gun for your mistakes. Better yet I hope you buy your loaded bullets where you buy your guns. If you want to save time and money go to Wall Mart. They have it all worked out for you, just look at the price per box and you will do fine.

Send it back they will fix it even if you bought it used.

skeptical_hippo.jpg

Another vote for the old Ruger Security Six. I actually am more accurate with my 6" Security Six than my 9" Colt Python ( not that I can win any contests with my crappy eyes).
Frankly I keep reading how the Smiths have such an awesome trigger, but all my Sixes have better triggers than the one S&W model 19 that I own. Maybe they are tuned or maybe I got a lemon S&W. Don't know...... but all of my 3 Sixes have great triggers.

I recently picked up a flawless 4" stainless S&W 66-2 .357 Mag at Gun Broker Clackamas. It is high polished and has a trigger job. DA is like butter. $500. Oh, and it fits like a glove...like pointing a finger.

Another vote for the old Ruger Security Six. I actually am more accurate with my 6" Security Six than my 9" Colt Python ( not that I can win any contests with my crappy eyes).
Frankly I keep reading how the Smiths have such an awesome trigger, but all my Sixes have better triggers than the one S&W model 19 that I own. Maybe they are tuned or maybe I got a lemon S&W. Don't know...... but all of my 3 Sixes have great triggers.

I have to agree one of the most accurate six shooters I have ever owned. The four inch Ruger-Security Six, I purchased for ninety dollars used in the 1970s was one of the most accurate .357 pistols I have ever owned. I regret reselling it to this day.

I worked on a Taurus for a friend a few years ago. He was the 3rd owner and the cylinder release had come loose and fallen off. He lost the screw as well. I called Taurus and told them about the issue - they asked for the serial number and an address to send the screw to. A few days later I had a new screw, spring, and cylinder release all free of charge. If I recall they didn't even ask the owner's name.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top