JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Labels mean different things to different people. It could very well mean something else to the OP than it means to me or you, and something quite different yet to the haters on here.

For the purposes of this thread all it means to me is the importance of finding someone with a compatible worldview. If your faith is important to you, look for someone with a similar faith. If your hobby is a big part of your life, look for someone who will at least tolerate it. If your political views are important to you, you're better off with someone who holds a similar perspective.

I'd give up my guns in a heartbeat before my wife, and she knows it. Fortunately that's not an issue. I probably have a different perspective here than most. I married my first girlfriend, just four months after we met, and I was nearly 30. I knew what I wanted since I was old enough to notice girls, was particular about it, and waited until I found her. I haven't regretted it for a second.

That's some of the most important life advice I'll do my very best to impart on my kids as they grow up: take your time and choose wisely. Don't be like the average young guy- "Wow, she's hot! Let's get married!", or the average girl- "He loves me! *butterflies* Let's get married!" Talk about a recipe for disaster. The other relationship advice I have for them is this- Don't be selfish. That's a marriage killer.

That's just my perspective on the issue. We all have our own views. To each their own. My family is the most important thing to me, infinitely more important than my measly gun collection.

Well, my wife is well aware of my sickness/addictions. But I don't smoke or drink. I don't go out and party. So she tolerates me pretty well. We have to kids who aren't yet in school, so the cost of day care means I have to get a little creative to get new toys. I've given up a few guns to get others. I'm sure it will all loosen up again some day.

I have offered in the past to sell guns to help pay unexpected bills, but since I sold an AK several years ago to help pay for a car that blew up after 150 miles, she hasn't taken me up on the offer to do it again. But like others have mentioned, I would give up the whole gun room and shop for her or the kids at the drop of a hat. Thankfully, that isn't likely to happen.

When I opened my shop several years ago, she supported us, she supported me, and everything that wasn't irreplaceable was sold in the shop to make it go. She has been very good at helping me/letting me slowly build my collection back up since the shop closed,

We've tolerated each other for five years this September, and she hasn't killed me yet (she doesn't believe in divorce). That might be because my body is too big to hide, but I figure I'm safe for now. She'll keep me around.

My wife looooves guns, beer and the military....she actually made me buy another rifle with my bonus this year. She's hot too, good woman and a farmer.

I married a lovely leftist who said if there was a gun in the house she might kill herself so I never had them. Now I am divorced and the lovely leftist is not around so I have guns and they are not as depressed...

I got lucky... despite the stereotype of Canucks, the girlfriend is a raging Ammosexual in the making... I forwarded her a video of a "Japanese schoolgirl" cosplay group (it helps to note she's an anime fan) on Guam trying out a Barrett .50 and her response was "Ladyboner!;)"

For your viewing pleasure:
Barrett Babes..!

Let's put it this way. My wife saved my as$ one night by racking the slide on "her" 870 when our drugged out neighbor was coming over our driveway gate to teach me what for. (gosh honey, I could of handled it, but boy was that sure Sexy).

Oh, and among her many guns she has a S&W model 29 with the cool target hammer and 6 inch barrel made in the 60's that is off limits to my hot little hands!

1) Congrats to both of you! Cate
Thank you Cate
2) Post #133: "My wife saved my as$..."
a) Walking home from work one afternoon (c.1977) 2 bozos stopped their car and got out to engage me in a physical altercation following an exchange of verbal unpleasantries and gestures. Seeing me thus under attack my wife joined me and brought a 28 oz. Estwing framing hammer. The other folks left.
b) One evening at the Roubidoux Drive In near Riverside, DPRK (c.1972). We found ourselves surrounded by a group of more people than us - pseudo/wanna-be bikers - and the mood had turned unfriendly. The Beloved sidled up to me and put her arm around me. When the clown in front of me looked at her she raised the bottom of her shirt to reveal my pistol in her waistband. He looked surprised and most rikki-tik they left.
c) San Bernardino, DPRK, c.1978. This was a pretty crazy venue. On the way into a Blue Oyster Cult concert I noticed that I had forgotten to leave my gun in the car. Note that I did not have a CCW but it was a misdemeanor at the time. She put the piece in her purse with my Swisschamp. When the cop at the gate said to take out the heavy object on the bottom she showed him the Swiss Army knife with a straight face and a steady gaze, and we went in.
d) As mentioned, I had no CCW but going unarmed was unacceptable so she carried the piece when we were on the bike (1941 Indian Chief). Big belt knives and going armed without the blessing of Leviathan were quite common amongst the Socially Alternative American V-Twin Enthusiasts with whom we associated. In any case, better safe than sorry.
3) She graduated Valedictorian in her Office Administration class when she went back to work following the birth of our son. Between his birth and the time when he was old enough for her to return to the workplace she was a full time mom and home maker.

I didn't have to throw a mid-life crisis because I/we had a great time in early adulthood. 1965 was a very exciting year to be 18 years old. It was a very exciting time all around.

This is future wife #2, previous wife was a basket of crazy, luckily we seperated before I had any money, but I paid off her school debt. Got way 'red pilled' after that.

Fiancé is pro freedom, has her own AR and trains with me. She's not as fervent about it as I am, but that'd be a tall feat.

I'm very direct, (because she has anti freedom friends) that between pro freedom ideals/hobbies and her, she'd lose. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Never shack up with an anti freedom girl would be my advice to anyone. Not worth it.

Three ex wives, taught them all to shoot. Taught their kids too. Only one knows where I live. Keep my doors locked and maintain situational awareness at all times. I never know when karma is going to rear its ugly head. It'll be that or an insane post menapausal b1tch from hell.

When we lost our all our handguns except the BP front-stuffers back in 1998, Mrs tac gave up the struggle. She opined that although it might be fun initially, shooting a BP revolver was much akin to cooking, a chore that she had enough of at home. Prior to that, she shot everything I had, from .22 to .44Mag, and was a county-class shooter and medal-winner in her own right. She couldn't be a$$ed to have her own FAC, so I was forced to have a Hammerli 208 and Unique DES-69 .22 short for the rapid-fire on her behalf. She regularly took funds off our base police in their annual competition shoots, using either their own Browning P35 or mine, and sometimes my PP in 9mmK.

I feel like there's some backstory that needs illuminating; like I walked in mid-way thru the movie. How did you lose all your guns in 98, and what 'struggle' are you talking about?

I could never be with a woman who is hostile towards firearms. In my mind, it's an ignorant and uninformed stance. I don't fare well with the ignorant, and they fare even worse with me.

I'm the same way. Someone above mentioned when you're young and dumb it's just pure luck to land the right mate. I was lucky to avoid the wrong women, but not lucky enough to land Ms Right (who would be pro gun, pro-liberty, athletic, sexy, great cook, fun and funny, etc.). But pro-gun is so important and I use that as a barometer for so many other qualities.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads