JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your most common caliber?

• 9mm Luger

Votes: 58 24.0%

Votes: 6 2.5%

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • 12 gauge

Votes: 10 4.1%

Votes: 64 26.4%
  • .223 / 5.56 (I know they are not the same...)

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • 7.62 x 39

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • 7.62 x 51 (.308)

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't even used to count .22, I just have a Looooooooooooot of it! I tend to go buy something where .22's are sold and add a brick. While I have some new physical issues that would make Bugging Out very difficult, we do have Bug Out bags and I have pulled all the 5.56N out and replaced it with .22LR. The weight of the center fire's was just beyond my current capabilities.

Don't know why I used capitol letters in bug out. Guess I need a little drama in my life!

Last Edited:
Thanks to those that have voted so far. The results are interesting - I expected 9mm to be a contender, but I was surprised that .22 is second and thought that .223/5.56 might be in second.

Peter

.22LR
9mm
.223/5.56 (Don't have a upper to shoot it but I have 1K+ rounds)
.38 Super
300 AAC Blackout

I reload and have the most components around for .38 Super and 300 AAC Blackout. In the loaded round category I have the most .22LR around.

Edit: Have a .223/5.56 upper now.

38/357,

Covers my carry, pillow gun and lever action rifle, grab whichever gun and whichever ammo and you're ready to go without thinking.

Not a bad choice....ever thought of doing that with .44 mag instead? How much thought went into the .38SPC/.357Mag pistol/lever rifle combo before you settled on your decision? What rifle/pistol combo do you have?

12 gauge. I know I have at least 6 of them but I'm thinking I have 7 or 9 of em but I'd have to look in the safe to be sure. I have a 12 gauge addition. I'm currently in rehabilition for my 12 gauge addiction but I don't think it's working . . . . Anyone have a Winchester Model 37 they would consider selling? PM me if you do. Seriously

Not a bad choice....ever thought of doing that with .44 mag instead? How much thought went into the .38SPC/.357Mag pistol/lever rifle combo before you settled on your decision? What rifle/pistol combo do you have?

Good question, my first gun was an Ithica model 37 12ga pump, loads and ejects from the bottom and bought that from a nieghbor when I was 13 years old for $62 to use for bird hunting with my buddies.

Last year (39 years later) I bought my second gun, guy at work is older and lives in a 55 or better community, anyway his neighbor was downsizing his collection and I picked up a Rossi stainless revolver, 357 mag w/4" barrel for $225. had my buddies at work (3-4 who carry) ook at it and they agreed it was a good deal and this was deemed the go to weapon in case of break in.

Then I decided to get the carry permit and because of budget I went with a Tuarus stainless revolver 357 mag 5 shot, 2 inch and paid retail at FMS (little under $4 bills). I did try and hook up with a couple guys on this site but never got many responces and when I did it was " I sold it" (but didn't bother changing the post).

I had been going to the range and going through the 38spl rounds for practice and like the idea of simplicity so I've been collecting both the 357 & 38 rounds when on sale and then I went looking for the lever action, Rossi 20" blued, Might have to get a deer tag and knock one out from the deck this next season....

What? No .38 Sp??? Most of the Cowboy shooters go thru a lot of 38 Sp. I think you should have rimfire in it's own category.

For Me 38SP, 45ACP, 45LC, .223, 9mm, .357, 12ga, 20ga 28ga, and .410

But I shoot more .22 than all those combined.

I use to have a wide range of cal and guns. But I think I've gotten much smarter and have standardized on 22lr, 9mm, 5.56 and 12ga.

Focus on 9mm was so my wife and kids could shoot it well. I have 3 9mm guns (G26, G19 and sig p229) that will carry well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top