JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't want nor need a baby sitter and if 50+ people do, than I don't want to be around them.
Range commands for IDPA/USPA. "Load and make ready. Shooter ready? Standby" Beeeep.
Have you ever shot an IDPA match? Typically 60 shooters break into 5 squads to shoot each of 6
unique stages. Ranges are ran as a 'Cold' range. No handling weapons until you are commanded to do so.
After you finish your stage the command is given "Unload and Show Clear". That offends you? Get over
yourself. Others should recognize your skills and ability and you can handle your weapon as you see fit?
Are you offended when the RO says "Insert Open Bolt Indicator and make the line safe" (chamber flag)
at a rifle match? You do not move forward until the RO declares the line is safe. You can learn a lot from
shooting with people of a much higher skill level. The best shooters are always very helpful.
Watch a IDPA "Highmaster" run a course of fire. Amazing speed and accuracy. What I like about
IDPA is it teaches you to take a little more time on the trigger for the longer distant shots.
Strong hand only, weak hand only, different shooting positions, always challenging and a learning experience.

IDPA is going to come as close as anything for what you're looking for. It is supposed to teach use of cover, slicing the pie, etc. That said, they have a LOT of stupid rules that have no real world application. If you can find one look for a Defensive Pistol match nearby. They are usually loosely based on IDPA but without many of the silly rules.

Well, I imagine it's cuz they have to maintain some level of safety with 50+ people walking around packing heat.
And the "show clear" is after all the shooting is done, so it's not like that's any part of reality training. :s0092:

No argument there. But again, I think it's a safety-based thing. All it takes is one ND and TPTB will be looking to shut the place down.
It's no different than some gun shows requiring empty chambers even if you carry concealed. They're not being jerks, it's just their venue and they want to minimize the risks of a negligent discharge. Insurance isn't cheap.

RE : Match Rules

The "funny thing" about shooting in matches is that.......
Sometimes......those "safety rules" carry on into REAL gunfights.

Ever hear of the story about......the cop with his raised hand, during a gunfight......indicating that he had a jam (or was out of ammo)?

Yeah.....the TRAINING was changed shortly thereafter.

Aloha, Mark

PS....there was also the story about the cop looking for the white bucket. Yeah....in training......the empties were always deposited into a white bucket placed on the ground beside the shooter's position.

Last Edited:
RE : Prepping for the REAL World Encounters
And more on Post #25

BUT, But, but.......
When we got PROS like these......
The fun never seems to stop.

1656786025362.jpeg
1656786061349.jpeg
1656786091732.jpeg

1656786140451.jpeg
1656786189640.jpeg
1656786241463.jpeg

"Only the Police and Military should have guns."

Because. They're WELL TRAINED in firearms handling. Cough, cough....

Aloha, Mark

PS........Please.....Do NOT be like this.

or
Q: The pistol went off (allegedly) when it hit the floor. So.....do you think that there is a lawsuit there?

Last Edited:
Range commands for IDPA/USPA. "Load and make ready. Shooter ready? Standby" Beeeep.
Have you ever shot an IDPA match? Typically 60 shooters break into 5 squads to shoot each of 6
unique stages. Ranges are ran as a 'Cold' range. No handling weapons until you are commanded to do so.
After you finish your stage the command is given "Unload and Show Clear". That offends you? Get over
yourself. Others should recognize your skills and ability and you can handle your weapon as you see fit?
Are you offended when the RO says "Insert Open Bolt Indicator and make the line safe" (chamber flag)
at a rifle match? You do not move forward until the RO declares the line is safe. You can learn a lot from
shooting with people of a much higher skill level. The best shooters are always very helpful.
Watch a IDPA "Highmaster" run a course of fire. Amazing speed and accuracy. What I like about
IDPA is it teaches you to take a little more time on the trigger for the longer distant shots.
Strong hand only, weak hand only, different shooting positions, always challenging and a learning experience.
You do you, BooBoo. I'll do the same.

As most know (and some love) there are a great variety of shooting sports featuring the handgun, such as bullseye, IPSC, IDPA, steel challenge, ICORE, metallic silhouettes, CAS, bowling pins, etc.

Beyond the fun factor, which ones do you think are most germane to preparation for a disaster? We'll define "disaster" as an event disruptive enough that life will not be "normal" for many days or weeks, if not much longer. And the definition of a handgun sport is straight forward; must involve handguns (pistol, revolver, derringer, machine-pistol, etc.) and be an organized sport of sorts.

Enjoy. :)
I'm sure there some around here that are disappointed squirt-guns weren't included on the list, combining shooting simulations with…. water-sports.

:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads