JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your most common caliber?

• 9mm Luger

Votes: 58 24.0%

Votes: 6 2.5%

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • 12 gauge

Votes: 10 4.1%

Votes: 64 26.4%
  • .223 / 5.56 (I know they are not the same...)

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • 7.62 x 39

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • 7.62 x 51 (.308)

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't even used to count .22, I just have a Looooooooooooot of it! I tend to go buy something where .22's are sold and add a brick. While I have some new physical issues that would make Bugging Out very difficult, we do have Bug Out bags and I have pulled all the 5.56N out and replaced it with .22LR. The weight of the center fire's was just beyond my current capabilities.

Don't know why I used capitol letters in bug out. Guess I need a little drama in my life!

Last Edited:
Thanks to those that have voted so far. The results are interesting - I expected 9mm to be a contender, but I was surprised that .22 is second and thought that .223/5.56 might be in second.

Peter

.22LR
9mm
.223/5.56 (Don't have a upper to shoot it but I have 1K+ rounds)
.38 Super
300 AAC Blackout

I reload and have the most components around for .38 Super and 300 AAC Blackout. In the loaded round category I have the most .22LR around.

Edit: Have a .223/5.56 upper now.

38/357,

Covers my carry, pillow gun and lever action rifle, grab whichever gun and whichever ammo and you're ready to go without thinking.

Not a bad choice....ever thought of doing that with .44 mag instead? How much thought went into the .38SPC/.357Mag pistol/lever rifle combo before you settled on your decision? What rifle/pistol combo do you have?

12 gauge. I know I have at least 6 of them but I'm thinking I have 7 or 9 of em but I'd have to look in the safe to be sure. I have a 12 gauge addition. I'm currently in rehabilition for my 12 gauge addiction but I don't think it's working . . . . Anyone have a Winchester Model 37 they would consider selling? PM me if you do. Seriously

Not a bad choice....ever thought of doing that with .44 mag instead? How much thought went into the .38SPC/.357Mag pistol/lever rifle combo before you settled on your decision? What rifle/pistol combo do you have?

Good question, my first gun was an Ithica model 37 12ga pump, loads and ejects from the bottom and bought that from a nieghbor when I was 13 years old for $62 to use for bird hunting with my buddies.

Last year (39 years later) I bought my second gun, guy at work is older and lives in a 55 or better community, anyway his neighbor was downsizing his collection and I picked up a Rossi stainless revolver, 357 mag w/4" barrel for $225. had my buddies at work (3-4 who carry) ook at it and they agreed it was a good deal and this was deemed the go to weapon in case of break in.

Then I decided to get the carry permit and because of budget I went with a Tuarus stainless revolver 357 mag 5 shot, 2 inch and paid retail at FMS (little under $4 bills). I did try and hook up with a couple guys on this site but never got many responces and when I did it was " I sold it" (but didn't bother changing the post).

I had been going to the range and going through the 38spl rounds for practice and like the idea of simplicity so I've been collecting both the 357 & 38 rounds when on sale and then I went looking for the lever action, Rossi 20" blued, Might have to get a deer tag and knock one out from the deck this next season....

What? No .38 Sp??? Most of the Cowboy shooters go thru a lot of 38 Sp. I think you should have rimfire in it's own category.

For Me 38SP, 45ACP, 45LC, .223, 9mm, .357, 12ga, 20ga 28ga, and .410

But I shoot more .22 than all those combined.

I use to have a wide range of cal and guns. But I think I've gotten much smarter and have standardized on 22lr, 9mm, 5.56 and 12ga.

Focus on 9mm was so my wife and kids could shoot it well. I have 3 9mm guns (G26, G19 and sig p229) that will carry well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top