JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks like a Winchester Model 1907....

Now if you look up "The Son"...on Internet Movie Firearms Database...they also say that it is a Winchester 1907.

But....

They also say that a character carries what appears to be a "Hawken Rifle"...
When the photo of the character shows him with a full stock rifle with a modern cleaning jag on the ram rod tip...Now some Hawken Rifles were full stock...but....
A later shot , shows the side plate for the rifle....its a Lancaster style side plate...clearly this rifle is a modern copy ( sort of ) of a Long Rifle ....and not a Hawken Rifle.

Sorry for the digression....
Andy
I've found the IMFD isn't the most accurate in their descriptions, however, their update/correction format is rather complicated and laborious (possibly on purpose?), so some inaccuracy's prevail.

One of the members of a range where I'm a member had one. He's no longer with us, got cancer and left the planet. I knew him fairly well; when he first got sick, he told me he was letting go of his guns. I told him, "If you need to find a new home for the 1886, I'd be interested.: He said, "Oh that's the one gun that is special, I'm giving it to my son." His was a .33, he was always on the look-out for ammo. He hand loaded with cast bullets. The cartridge resembles a British .303.

One other episode I had with an 1886 was a little weird. Back in the early 1980's I wasn't as knowledgeable about Winchesters as I am now.
which isn't all that much to this day. Anyway, I ran into this elderly lady, she asked me for advice on shipping a rifle through the mail. It had belonged to her dead husband and she was giving it to her nephew. When she told me it was a Winchester Model 1886, I gave her the erroneous advice that it was an antique and didn't need to be shipped to a gun dealer. The rifle was a .33. Not only was I wrong, I was incontrovertibly wrong. Because Winchester didn't start making these in .33 until around 1903, after the cut-off for antique guns.

My dream lever gun would be old, well used, but in good working order. It would have a known history with plenty of stories and likely passed through the hands of at lease a couple generations of friends or family. It would hang on the wall as the only displayed firearm in my home.

A Model 92 in .218 Bee or .22 Hornet would be nice, but I think I would settle for a Browning BLR in .223 - in fact, if I see one, especially a late generation in SS and takedown, I would probably break out the piggy bank and have at it.

I just saw a custom Savage 99 in 338 federal on another site. It was already sold or I would have probably taken that thing for a spin.
A good quality Marlin 1894 in .357 Maximum would be awesome.

BigHorn.png
BigHorn Model 89

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top