JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks like a Winchester Model 1907....

Now if you look up "The Son"...on Internet Movie Firearms Database...they also say that it is a Winchester 1907.

But....

They also say that a character carries what appears to be a "Hawken Rifle"...
When the photo of the character shows him with a full stock rifle with a modern cleaning jag on the ram rod tip...Now some Hawken Rifles were full stock...but....
A later shot , shows the side plate for the rifle....its a Lancaster style side plate...clearly this rifle is a modern copy ( sort of ) of a Long Rifle ....and not a Hawken Rifle.

Sorry for the digression....
Andy
I've found the IMFD isn't the most accurate in their descriptions, however, their update/correction format is rather complicated and laborious (possibly on purpose?), so some inaccuracy's prevail.

One of the members of a range where I'm a member had one. He's no longer with us, got cancer and left the planet. I knew him fairly well; when he first got sick, he told me he was letting go of his guns. I told him, "If you need to find a new home for the 1886, I'd be interested.: He said, "Oh that's the one gun that is special, I'm giving it to my son." His was a .33, he was always on the look-out for ammo. He hand loaded with cast bullets. The cartridge resembles a British .303.

One other episode I had with an 1886 was a little weird. Back in the early 1980's I wasn't as knowledgeable about Winchesters as I am now.
which isn't all that much to this day. Anyway, I ran into this elderly lady, she asked me for advice on shipping a rifle through the mail. It had belonged to her dead husband and she was giving it to her nephew. When she told me it was a Winchester Model 1886, I gave her the erroneous advice that it was an antique and didn't need to be shipped to a gun dealer. The rifle was a .33. Not only was I wrong, I was incontrovertibly wrong. Because Winchester didn't start making these in .33 until around 1903, after the cut-off for antique guns.

My dream lever gun would be old, well used, but in good working order. It would have a known history with plenty of stories and likely passed through the hands of at lease a couple generations of friends or family. It would hang on the wall as the only displayed firearm in my home.

A Model 92 in .218 Bee or .22 Hornet would be nice, but I think I would settle for a Browning BLR in .223 - in fact, if I see one, especially a late generation in SS and takedown, I would probably break out the piggy bank and have at it.

I just saw a custom Savage 99 in 338 federal on another site. It was already sold or I would have probably taken that thing for a spin.
A good quality Marlin 1894 in .357 Maximum would be awesome.

BigHorn.png
BigHorn Model 89

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews