JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Might very well be! To a kid, it looked like a 94, but was smaller and trimmer and lighter! Caliber sounds likely, or something along those lines!
In the picture below, #5 is a .32-20. #7 is a .25-35, which is the same size and shape (basically) as a .30-30.

1626403084500.png

Last Edited:
That's a .218 Bee. Not sure if any guns were actually chambered for that round
The Mod 92 was chambered in the .218 Bee in the latter years of it's production and the model numbers were changed to the Model 53 & 65 sometime in the late 20's to 30's but not many were made and they are very rare.

Last Edited:
According to the Standard Catalog of Winchester Firearms, Third Edition, by Joseph M. Cornell, page 72, a small number of 92s were indeed chambered in .218 Bee. :)

I am still on the lookout for a nice Mod 64 'Deluxe' !

And kind of like the late mod 92s chambered in .218 Bee and re-model numbered SOME mod 64s were chambered in the 'then' new .219 Zipper which was a .30-30 case necked down to .22 cal.

Like the .218 Bee it was ahead of its time.

Last Edited:
That's a .218 Bee. Not sure if any guns were actually chambered for that round, straight from the factory.
Next to it is a .25-20. Maybe that one?
That could very well be! I'm looking through the old family photos to see if there might be one of Grand Mom holding that little rifle, she was quite proud of it, so it's likely she, or some one else might have taken a photo of them!

I forget the company that makes it, but it was called something like "The Alaskan" or something akin to that. It was .357 and stainless and broke apart like the newer 10-22's. That would be an awesome companion to my Python.

Edit: It's by Chiappa, and it is called The Alaskan.

Beautiful gun but peep sight too far out.

I've owned many lever rifles over the years, Winchester, Marlin, Browning, even a Henry. Now I'm in the twilight years of my guns and shooting experience, so not taking on anything new. BUT: One I've admired and never owned, the Winchester Model 1886. Original or repro. If orig., I'd want the .33 WCF. If repro., I'd want the .45-70.

The Browning-made repros from Japan, they are beautiful rifles. However, I've learned in roundabout ways they can have their quirks. Like short throats, for example. So I guess I'd lean toward one of the old, original Winchester bangers with the crescent shaped butt. They were made right up to 1935. A run of almost 50 years.

Sorta off topic, but any one know what rifle Pierce Brosnan is carrying in that movie "The Son" ?
That looks like a Winchester Model 1907....

Now if you look up "The Son"...on Internet Movie Firearms Database...they also say that it is a Winchester 1907.

But....

They also say that a character carries what appears to be a "Hawken Rifle"...
When the photo of the character shows him with a full stock rifle with a modern cleaning jag on the ram rod tip...Now some Hawken Rifles were full stock...but....
A later shot , shows the side plate for the rifle....its a Lancaster style side plate...clearly this rifle is a modern copy ( sort of ) of a Long Rifle ....and not a Hawken Rifle.

Sorry for the digression....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews