JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that I have the noise dying down from people smaller than me, I get to be a little more silly, and muse on various topics. With this notion in mind: what would be your dream lever-gun? Do you posses said or does it remain a dream? Does it currently exist or have to be invented? For what reasons do you hold to this notion?

Enjoy! :D

A straight wristed med loop top eject chambered in 480 ruger.

Absolutely has to be a nice burl wood and case hardened receiver. Deeply blued barrel and trimmings with brass accents at the but plate and forward barrel band.

This next part is going to sound like blasphemy....but as long as we're still dreaming I want it setup with a two blade express sight.

I'm nearly certain (99.9999%) this would have to be a one off custom...which I sincerely doubt I would have the money for...thus it is still a fantasy.

As for why, I simply love ridiculous cannons, but don't want the cliche 500. Also I happen to be a huge fan of the Linebaugh cartridges

To answer my own question:

• Winchester 92 pattern rifle.
  • Stainless steel.
  • Gorgeous wood furniture.
  • Chambered in .50 Action Express (.50Æ).
  • Super slick action.
  • Medium sized lever.
  • Magazine capacity of, say, around 8+1, with a barrel length consistent with said.
  • No stupid, top-mounted safety. (Half-cock is good enough.)
  • Quality sights.
  • Lever wrapped in leather.
  • Small rubberized buttpad.
Likely? Nope, not even remotely. But a man can dream. :s0114:

Well I have or have had many in many different brands and calibers over the years 22,22mag,32,357,44mag,45lc,284,308,30-30,30-06,45/70 I think that's all.... Now if they come out with a 50bmg I'll be adding to the list.....

A friend brought his 1903 1886 45/90 over to take pics to sell but not sure I want it even in as good of shape as it's in.

An affordable 454 Casull 16" barrel. Rossi had a R92 that fit the bill but was never available.

That would be super neat-o.

Not interested in $3k levers for that caliber.

Holy crap ... yah is not workable at 3Gs. (Had a hard time justifying over twice that on a pew, but it has a happy switch, so ... is another matter. And parenthetically, insomnia sucks. :p)

I have a couple for a repeater the Winchester Model 1895 Deluxe rifle Burl Walnut stock (non checkered) 28" barrel Lyman #21 Receiver sight. in 30-40
For a Single shot (and yes Betty they are a lever action). Winchester model 1885 Hi Wall Deluxe Sporting checkered Burl Walnut Crescent butt with 32" barrel Double Set triggers Med range Veneer sights as well as a 6X Malcom long tube scope in 45-70

I have the model 1895 and one day I will have a reproduction of the 1885.

A Winchester 9422 (22lr) in stainless with a grey laminate stock. Kind of like if the Marlin 1894 CSBL and the Winchester 9422 had a baby. At this point, I'd be interested in taking a look at nearly any stainless lever gun in 22lr. Sure, I like other calibers, but I shoot at shorter ranges and range trips tend to get expensive when shooting larger calibers. Even a day of 9mm shooting is easily north of $100 with bulk ammo.

I have the Winchester 9422 Boy Scout edition, but it's not quite the same.
1581585077318.png

Edit: Apparently Browning made a version of the BL-22 in stainless with laminate stock, but it seems rare and primarily an overseas item. Some places have them listed for $1600+.

Last Edited:
A friend's father owned a Schuetzen rifle in 30-40 krag. Beautiful rifle. The rifle disappeared when the father died and is probably in one of friend's unscrupulous in-law's safe. Long story.

Just for fun...
In 1974 Marlin had a option of octagon barrels for the 39 , 336 and 1894 in .44 Magnum...
A octagon barreled 39m would be fun....

My dream Winchester Model 94 would be a :
Short rifle with a shotgun style butt...
Extra fancy walnut stock...
Button magazine...
Case hardened receiver...
.30WCF
Andy

I've got the start of the dream, but someday need to make it happen.
I have a 1920 vintage 94. It a Saddle Ring Carbine that's not had it's ring for longer than I've known the gun. Dad got it in '69 when Grandpa passed away. It has always been very rough and in the mid 70's I "restored" it, trying to refinish it and reblue the metal. Fortunately the finish doesn't look much different than it did with the exception of the bands and buttplate, which need some love. However, the wood is trash. I'd love to be able to find some correct pattern wood for it and fix the home made front sight blade.
Other than fixin up our old one I think the Marlin Guide Gun pattern is a neat package, especially when it's a large bore. I've seen a few and have been tempted, but "I have this ol thurty-thurty..."
This is the second thread about a lever recently. Guess I need to go bust up a few soup cans. :D

Start with this, a Marlin 1894CSBL or SBL, as I like both the .357 and .44 versions. 16" barrel, stainless, and aperture sight.
70433_Marlin-1894CSBL-SS_Order70433.png

Lose the plywood stock and replace it with a real walnut stock with a straight grip. Or if we have to have a plywood stock, color it brown. Also lose the large lever. Lose the rail atop the receiver and barrel. It would seem easy enough, but the aperture sight mounts to the rail.:confused:

I very much like Trapper-length lever guns.
P1040468-zpslnhddic4.jpg
Inked609244-34fd7562d0c91889d4810f7d63915775-LI.jpg

But for a truck gun, few are made in stainless.

When Marlin previously made the stainless model in .357, it had an 18-1/2" barrel, but with the desired straight grip walnut stock. So see, they can do it. Combine the best parts of both models.
59486.jpg

In the meantime, I've got a 336ss in .30-30. Even this could be a dream gun if it had a 16" barrel.
P1010835.jpg

I have a real soft spot for lever guns.
I could easily buy the 1894CSBL in the top photo, but they're scarce. I found one in Vancouver for $150 more than shops out of our area that have them in stock. I'm willing to pay that, just for the convenience of having one right in front of me, but now that Oregon residents must pay the sales tax in Vancouver, it adds another $94. Where do I stop?

Last Edited:
Side load 22lr. Or for Ruger to bring back the lever action version of the 10/22 but modernized and perhaps a takedown. A lever gun in 9mm would be pretty slick too.

My paternal Grandfather bought a model 1873 Winchester .38WCF (38-40) in 1900. My father inherited it upon his fathers death and gave it to me about thirty years ago. My grandson will be a teenager in a few days but I am not ready to part with this rifle yet so he may have to wait until I'm gone to receive it. Anyway, how cool would it be to own your great, great Grandfather's firearm? I am excited for him. Tom

My paternal Grandfather bought a model 1873 Winchester .38WCF (38-40) in 1900. My father inherited it upon his fathers death and gave it to me about thirty years ago. My grandson will be a teenager in a few days but I am not ready to part with this rifle yet so he may have to wait until I'm gone to receive it. Anyway, how cool would it be to own your great, great Grandfather's firearm? I am excited for him. Tom

There, Gentlemen...is a dream.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR