JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR-10 7.62x51/.308 all decked out with anything and everything I could ever want attached to it.

1911 government 5" with nice target sights and crimson trace laser grips. Chambered in 460 Rowland with extra standard 45 acp barrel/bushing and recoil setup.

Handgun: 1911 .45acp

Rifle: Converted .308 saiga

I already own this stitch, well except I'm not sure what you mean about fully converted. If you mean select fire then I guess I don't have exactly that.

Are you serious with that pmag in there?

LOL, seriously, wtf? :huh:

I don't understand all these odd calibers, if you're supposed to use these two guns for "the rest of your existence", then why have some obscure round like the 5.7 or 6.8? I'd go for something that's likely to still be useful in a few years as the ammo supplies dry up. I'll take what's in my safe, an AR in 5.56 and my HK USP .40.

Are you serious with that pmag in there?

it's a brass catcher - most who own AR57s do this, but you wouldn't know about that if you don't own one huh.

What has ammo availability got to do with anything in a completely hypothetical thread like this? If anything the ammo is more versatile as it is a common caliber for both handgun and rifle.

What has ammo availability got to do with anything in a completely hypothetical thread like this? If anything the ammo is more versatile as it is a common caliber for both handgun and rifle.

It's a SHTF thread, you'll need ammo otherwise the gun is just a metal club. :s0155:

And that's great that it functions in both pistol and rifle, but it's such an obscure caliber, good luck finding it when you run out...

it's a brass catcher - most who own AR57s do this, but you wouldn't know about that if you don't own one huh.

Ohh I see, the AR57 is new to me. How many cases does it hold? Do they ever jam up before it's full?

Sorry for being a little defensive/offensive in my post above!

I empty it when I change the mag - it has no problem holding 50 empty cases. I should test it to see how many it holds before jamming. It's a convenience thing - so I don't have to try and pick up the cases (they're pretty small!)
I'm not reloading yet, but there's no harm in picking up the brass in case I ever do, plus it avoids littering.

As far as running out of ammo, if it really were TEOTWAWKI I'm pretty sure I would not plink as much as I normally do, and would hold a reserve of 4000 rounds. Any more than that gets hard to carry.

It's not that obscure a caliber - If anything it is easier to come by than 9mm, .223 and even .22LR these days!

If they enacted such a law... Most assault weapons would already be banned.

But, being you can can only have one long gun.. I would stick with my 590.

No idea on the handgun... probably a Taurus Judge from what I hear.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top