You only get one handgun and one longarm

Reactions
Ok, so let's assume a nightmarish scenario. The powers that be enact a draconian law, and for the sake of arguement let's assume nobody has a boating accident and plays by the rules.
You are limited to one handgun and one longarm per household for the rest of your existence.

What do you choose?

For me, the longarm would be a 6.55mm Swedish Mauser. I love the look, feel, and quality. Also a good multi-purpose round for plinking or deer hunting.

For the handgun, it would be a .45 1911, probably a Tactical 5". Love the 1911's for many reasons, and the 5" is the perfect size for me. I like my RIA so far, but would likely get a Springfield Stainless 1911.

What would you choose?

Reactions
This is a hard one to figure out. So many guns and i can only keep 2? Hmmm probly the Stainless Mini 14 ranch and the Stainless dan wesson 44 mag pistol pak with 8,6,4,2 inch barrels, I have the 8 inch scoped with a 2-7x32 throphy.

I can hunt with both and if the zombies come i'll just blow them in half with the wesson or cut them in half with the mini and beta c drum.

Reactions
30-06 for the rifle, so we can eat everything up to and include Elk. It can do it all, if needed. Ammo is easy to come by.

Handgun is harder, probably a S&W 627PRO in .357 or a .44 mag. I can work on them myself, if need be.

Glad that's all I have in my safe now, no need for anyone to check.

Reactions
A week ago I would have said my Glock 19 and my 20" AR

This week, I would have to change my mind to my FN Five-seveN and AR57
I did some more shooting with the AR57 and it only reaffirmed my decision that it is the right rifle for doing it all.
Shooting at 60 yards, with cheap red dot sights, I aimed for a 4" diameter metal disk that we placed in the dirt mound.
The red dot completely covered the silver disk while aiming.
The first shot was absolutely dead center on the disk. The second shot hit about 1" lower and spun the disk off 15 feet away!
This is with zero magnification at 60 yards!! This rifle is so easy to shoot, and comes with a 50 round magazine. Absolutely awesome. I am so impressed.
My 20" AR is more accurate but weighs a lot more and is no good for close quarter shooting as it has the 10x42 scope on it.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom