Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

You can't fix stupid

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by pakrat57, Jun 15, 2009.

1. pakrat57

pakrat57 Reedsport Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

If I was assigned to take photos from that angle I would have mounted my camera on my Bogen Magic Arm + SuperClamp with a Pocket Wizard attached ... would have let me take photos remotely -- -the camera would have been up front but I would be in a safe area...

And if the camera got shot... oh well - that is what insurance was made for.

3. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Not only was that a stupid place to take pics from but they then posted the vid!! :huh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

That seems so obviously stupid, it HAS to be faked... right?

They don't make people this stupid... right?

My eyes must be deceiving me, that didn't just happen.

5. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

Wow, I almost puked watching this, waiting for the photographer to get shot . . . glad he didn't, but what a bunch of idiots.

6. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Well, he didn't get shot. Guess it's not as unsafe as people make it out.

100yd shot on the otherhand, would be stupid.

But those people are ten feet back.

7. Wierzbowski

Wierzbowski Sherwood Member

I'll bet that instructor's insurance company would like to have a gander at that video.

8. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Absolutely pointless to put someones or your own life in danger like that. Isnt that why they make camera stands and remote switches? Youd never catch me as a member at that range, its like the Special Olympic Shooting Team.

9. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

WOW!!
    Hey! you know what is better than winning a gold metal in the Special Olympics?

NOT being retarded!:laugh::laugh:

10. treemanx

Retarded retarded retarded retarded retarded

11. treemanx

That is hillarious!! If you type retarded, it always comes out as retarded!! LMAO!

12. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

What's with the 'Charlie's Angel' garb with holding the gun next your ear as they turn around???? Whoever instructed that ought to be slapped!

13. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems like a good way to AD yourself in the head!

14. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I've done a number of crazy things to "get the shot" back when I was a working pro photographer..... but NO WAY would I put myself, physically, where that guy did...... tripod show with remote, maybe, if the client guaranteed to replace the camera and lens if it happened to find lead. Even if I personally knew, and trusted, every man on that line, no way....... life is short enough as it is.

Now, I could not work out what that clown in the white tee, close to the video camera, was on about when he did his little dance, reload, then, after cease fire, rack your slides was called, HE opens up and commences firing. I hope these dudes were NOT some class of "elite" experienced shooters..... he was spun round facing away, muzzle in the air, broke about a half dozen of the rules I know, and I'm not much up on them all yet.... just plain barmy, he was. Near as berko as the chap with the camera. Oh well... seems they all escaped their folly... THIS time.

15. shadycon

shadycon sw Va. Member

Yes you can"FIX STUPID" It's called "STRAY BULLET"!:nuts::nuts:

16. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

What the heck is that? If I was the R.O. on that range I would be telling that person in the white tee shirt that broke 90 to keep his gun pointed down range... except... THERE'S A MAN DOWN-RANGE!!! :eek: Arghhhh! Whoever was in charge of that fiasco should be forced to take the place of that photographer... that is, after everyone's been instructed to repeat the string with blindfolds on. :nuts:
    If this was a crack group of SEALs, I would still think it unwise behavior to have that photographer downrange. But it's pretty clear this band of bumbling boobs have little to no training in safe gun handling, and that's what makes this whole scenario even more unnerving!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  17. Weathermaker

Weathermaker Washington Member

About one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time.

18. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

Atleast the people that compete in the Special Olympics have some type of mental or physical challange, What is this guys milfunction. Da ta da Did u find my baseball, I lost my base ball, Wheres my Helmet?

19. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Stupidity has it's own rewards...injury or death......if you are stupid...you will get hurt or die......

20. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

Looks like they were getting so much bubblegum over that video that they pulled it.....