JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firearm and doomsday supply sales are soaring.

Before even factoring in the final two months of the year, the FBI has already conducted more firearm background checks in 2016 than it handled for all of 2013 or 2014. We probably shouldn't be too surprised: 2016 is a general election year, and there's a history of increased gun sales associated with a changeover of power in Washington, D.C.

FBI data shows that the number of background checks conducted by the agency each month so far in 2016 has surpassed the total from the corresponding month in 2015—and 2015 was an all-time high for gun sales in America. The FBI has handled 22.2 million background checks during the first 10 months of 2016, compared to roughly 21 million apiece for all of 2013 and 2014 and 23.1 million over the course of 12 full months in 2015.

You Can Tell It's an Election Year Because Gun Sales Are Hitting Record Highs

Yup, I bought a .17 HMR from BiMart. I also picked up a 3 X 9 scope and a bipod from a different vendor. Then I ordered a couple more magazines for it. I bought it because it's increasingly more difficult to bu ammo for the .22's and .22 Magnums that i own. Bimart also had a $25.00 rebate, so that brought the price down to $195.00. I also picked up a S&W M&P AR15 at Keith's.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top