Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Yeah!!! I picked up my SIG Sauer P290 today.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Apr 28, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I came home from practice today to find an e-mail from our friends over at Brightwater and I had to rush right over. I did a quick vid of the unboxing to show the gun and I do a little side by side comparison of it against my Kahr to give people a good idea of the size. It is nowhere near as bulky as some people were making it out to be online.

YouTube - New Toy Time!!!: SIG Sauer P290 (two tone)

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I played with one for awhile last night. The mag release was pretty finicky. So was getting the magazine to lock into place. That might just be a break in issue, or maybe it was isolated to the one I was handling. Other than that it seemed like a nice little piece.
    The two I saw both had lasers also.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

So what happened with going "Old School"; back to revolvers? Don't tell me, you're a gun guy that rationalizes a reason the the myriad guns that he owns aren't up to the job so he must have the newest acquisition. I've never done that!:rollingeyes: :laugh:

4. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I saw that gun, even got my dirty mitts on it before you.:bluelaugh:

Looks nice, but i'm not sure if I would choose it over the Kahr.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Oh, this is not for EDC. This is a back up of sorts. It will be in my pack I carry to the gym. See, it is a totally reasonable purchase. :)