JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was living down in California we had half an acre and we hired a guy to take down some dead trees and created some burn piles. I lite the big one only to find that it was close to set of large living tree. I kept a hose handy and had to use it for a few hours so the flames would not hit the living trees.

When I was living down in California we had half an acre and we hired a guy to take down some dead trees and created some burn piles. I lite the big one only to find that it was close to set of large living tree. I kept a hose handy and had to use it for a few hours so the flames would not hit the living trees.

Unfortunately, my remaining slash piles (about 10-15) are the ones closest to the live trees, so last year, after burning for about a week, I called a halt to burning any more piles - the weather turned dry and warm and the fires were starting to spread and be difficult to control. That was April IIRC.

Absolutely no burning this year either - too much brush has grown up - it would burn the mountain down.

Those piles are across a gully and about 6-700' away from the closest water source, so I had to haul 5 gallon containers over there and use those instead of pressurized water. Really could have used a fire pump. It took months for the fires to completely go out; they went down into the ground and kept burning under the ash piles. Every day for months, I would haul water over in the morning before work, and then again when I got home from work. I breathed a sigh of relief when the rains came.

I do have a pile of limbs/brush/etc. I am creating next to the shop, but I can't burn it until fall when the weather turns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top