JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was living down in California we had half an acre and we hired a guy to take down some dead trees and created some burn piles. I lite the big one only to find that it was close to set of large living tree. I kept a hose handy and had to use it for a few hours so the flames would not hit the living trees.

When I was living down in California we had half an acre and we hired a guy to take down some dead trees and created some burn piles. I lite the big one only to find that it was close to set of large living tree. I kept a hose handy and had to use it for a few hours so the flames would not hit the living trees.

Unfortunately, my remaining slash piles (about 10-15) are the ones closest to the live trees, so last year, after burning for about a week, I called a halt to burning any more piles - the weather turned dry and warm and the fires were starting to spread and be difficult to control. That was April IIRC.

Absolutely no burning this year either - too much brush has grown up - it would burn the mountain down.

Those piles are across a gully and about 6-700' away from the closest water source, so I had to haul 5 gallon containers over there and use those instead of pressurized water. Really could have used a fire pump. It took months for the fires to completely go out; they went down into the ground and kept burning under the ash piles. Every day for months, I would haul water over in the morning before work, and then again when I got home from work. I breathed a sigh of relief when the rains came.

I do have a pile of limbs/brush/etc. I am creating next to the shop, but I can't burn it until fall when the weather turns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top