Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

XDs Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by solv3nt, Jun 15, 2013.

1. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Anybody install night sights on your XDs? If so, which ones? Are you satisfied? I've read that you can use any sights made for the Sig/XD line.

2. solv3nt

Anybody..... ?

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Not an XD but I put some TruGlo TFO on my Glock. I love them. They work great in low light, sunlight and shine bright at night. I had read people had problems with the tubes falling out, but after a few 1000 9mm mine are fine.

4. solv3nt

Thanks, but I'm looking for someone that has mounted night sights on the XDs specifically, as I'm having problems figuring out the exact model to use.

5. Norwestr55

Norwestr55 Monmouth OR Deplorable Silver Supporter

ETA I read the title of the post as XDS rather than XDs so if you have an XD as opposed to an XDS the below may not be correct.

Per James at Sights - xd-hs2000 for the Ameriglo's you'll want the #8 height profiles and Trijicon SP01, SG01, SG05 will work but all need to be fitted. Heres a page from his site re Trijicon HDs. TRIJICON HD NIGHTSIGHTS FOR THE XDS ? XD-HS2000.com He includes installation in his price for the sights or $20 if you have your own. Probably need a sight pusher as they are tight on the XDs.

6. solv3nt

That's what I was looking for! THANKS!!

7. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

James also refinishes slides. You should see my xd slide redone in titanium!!!! every time I take it out of the safe I just stare at it for 5 minutes before putting it in the range bag. Only charges $55 bucks as well. Tell him Davef from Portland sent ya!! Hes doing my glock slide in titanium right now.

8. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

I have installed five sets of night sights on XDs pistols. They have all been Truglo sights and they do very well. Great sight picture and low profile. Cheapest place on the internet for them is Optics Planet. Standard XD sights fit the XDs pistols.

9. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

10. solv3nt

Do you have a model number for the ones that fit best?