JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok .40 fans been watching a ton of .40cal videos. Just watched a XDM 40 video I do not ever watch Springfield videos since I'm a M&P guy. So what's the consensus in the XDM 40. It came up under my search for softest shooting 40. Any and all thoughts and opinions negative and positive welcome. I'm all ears!!! I've never shoot an of the XDM XD or XDS calibers.

I own M&P's in 9mm, 45, and .22. And I have a bi-tone 3.3" XDS in 9mm...and I really wish I had gone with a Shield. The 3.3" is VERY snappy. And that's in 9mm. I can't imagine what .40 is like. The trigger is horrible but maybe they've improved it some on the newer models. The new 2.0 M&P triggers are great though for a factory trigger IMO.

If you're thinking about a sub compact at all, I would absolutely rent the exact model you're thinking of getting and try it first. Especially in .40.

Also, if you go with M&P you "MIGHT" get lucky with holsters that you already have, also fitting it...depending on what you get.

I own M&P's in 9mm, 45, and .22. And I have a bi-tone 3.3" XDS in 9mm...and I really wish I had gone with a Shield. The 3.3" is VERY snappy. And that's in 9mm. I can't imagine what .40 is like. The trigger is horrible but maybe they've improved it some on the newer models. The new 2.0 M&P triggers are great though for a factory trigger IMO.

If you're thinking about a sub compact at all, I would absolutely rent the exact model you're thinking of getting and try it first. Especially in .40.

Also, if you go with M&P you "MIGHT" get lucky with holsters that you already have, also fitting it...depending on what you get.
I have the Gen 1 FS M&P 9mm. Would love to get a 2.0 .40c I just really like forties. Had a Gen 4 Glock 22 did not like it at all. Thank you for your feedback.

It's all about what you like, case in point, I have a gen 4 Glock 22 that I like to shoot and a XD/m 5.25 in 10 mm that is a blast to shoot. I like it better than the G40 MOS. I've had a CZ rami and a M&P shield both in 40 S&W and liked both of those. I didn't care for either Glock 17 or 21 that were pre gen 4. I didn't like the Ruger LC-9 or the Bersa Thunder Pro Compact 40 cal. One of the best 40 cals for me was a Beretta 96 A-1. My point being What I like shouldn't matter a whole lot to you, it's what you like that's important. And it doesn't have to be the end all to be all. More than once I've bought something and once the new was worn off away it went to be replaced but some other latest and greatest or at least new to me...

It's all about what you like, case in point, I have a gen 4 Glock 22 that I like to shoot and a XD/m 5.25 in 10 mm that is a blast to shoot. I like it better than the G40 MOS. I've had a CZ rami and a M&P shield both in 40 S&W and liked both of those. I didn't care for either Glock 17 or 21 that were pre gen 4. I didn't like the Ruger LC-9 or the Bersa Thunder Pro Compact 40 cal. One of the best 40 cals for me was a Beretta 96 A-1. My point being What I like shouldn't matter a whole lot to you, it's what you like that's important. And it doesn't have to be the end all to be all. More than once I've bought something and once the new was worn off away it went to be replaced but some other latest and greatest or at least new to me...
How is the .40 Shield to shoot.

How is the .40 Shield to shoot
Well I have big strong leathery hands with no pinky on my left hand and I'm left handed so it fit me well. It shot good, I was able to keep a fist sized group in the center of a paper plate at 10 paces. Mine was a first model and some complain about the trigger but I'd pratice drawing from an IWB holster, racking the slide (I know I'm one of those wierdos that can't stick a loaded gun down my pants) and dumping the 6 or 7 round magazine into the paper plate. Recoil recovery was about like a 1911 to stay reasonably accurate. It wasn't a match gun and I didn't shoot it that way so the trigger didn't bother me. I've been through a bunch of carry sizes 40's and think a 2.0 40 Shield is my next up to get, mainly because it'll fit the holster I already have.

How is the .40 Shield to shoot
Well I have big strong leathery hands with no pinky on my left hand and I'm left handed so it fit me well. It shot good, I was able to keep a fist sized group in the center of a paper plate at 10 paces. Mine was a first model and some complain about the trigger but I'd pratice drawing from an IWB holster, racking the slide (I know I'm one of those wierdos that can't stick a loaded gun down my pants) and dumping the 6 or 7 round magazine into the paper plate. Recoil recovery was about like a 1911 to stay reasonably accurate. It wasn't a match gun and I didn't shoot it that way so the trigger didn't bother me. I've been through a bunch of carry sizes 40's and think a 2.0 40 Shield is my next up to get, mainly because it'll fit the holster I already have.
I'm really leaning towards the 2.0 .40c 4"

.40 and "soft shooting" don't go together.

My absolute best shooting .40 was a standard XD that I had a smooth shooting load for that you couldn't miss. So smooth and weak if you limp wristed the gun it would fail to eject.

Man I miss that pistol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top