JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.fnamerica.com/products/handguns/fnx-series/fnx-45-tactical/

XD(M) 4.5" Full Size .45ACP - Threaded Barrel (http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xdm-4-5-full-size-45acp-threaded-barrel/)

Hey guys, so basically I want a full size .45 for a suppressor host/bed side/range toy. I've narrowed it down to these two (not much of a glock guy and the h&k 45 is 1200 and only holds 10+1) now I found the Springfield for 540 plus tax and the fnx for 1100 plus tax. Anybody have experience with both that can justify the 560 difference. I like the looks of the fnx more but the xdm isn't a bad looking gun either. I guess I'm I'm just trying to be talked into one or the other by someone with experience. Any bit helps. Thanks in advance.

no experience with the XDM with a suppressor(i have shot one without and it was fine) but I do have the FNX and love it. I will have a silencerco octane 45k in my hands shortly for it.

FNX has slide already milled for a red dot(put a fastfire 3 on mine), raised night sights, great grip angle, fully ambidextrous, and 15+1(3 mags included).

I have shot both and was even lucky to do it at the same time so have a reasonable comparison of the two but with out a CAN.

Is the FN worth the extra 500 I would have a tough time saying yes. They are a great gun it fits my hand better and I felt it shot smother but not sure it's worth 500 more.

The big con for me is the double action single action trigger with a mechanical safety. Single action was great but too many extra parts too go wrong.

The down side for me on the XD was the grip safety and it was not as smooth to shot in my hands seemed to have more recoil, not uncontrollable just more.

If you are looking for holsters and mag pouches the XD has this hands down there is not a lot out there for the FN but it is getting better.

If I really had the extra money I might go with the FN just because it fit my hand better but is it worth 500 more tough to prove.

no experience with the XDM with a suppressor(i have shot one without and it was fine) but I do have the FNX and love it. I will have a silencerco octane 45k in my hands shortly for it.

FNX has slide already milled for a red dot(put a fastfire 3 on mine), raised night sights, great grip angle, fully ambidextrous, and 15+1(3 mags included).

Why did you go SiCo octane 45k and not the osprey or the obsidian 45? Those are the two I'm considering. I do like that it's milled out for an rmr and has 2 more capacity.

I have shot both and was even lucky to do it at the same time so have a reasonable comparison of the two but with out a CAN.

Is the FN worth the extra 500 I would have a tough time saying yes. They are a great gun it fits my hand better and I felt it shot smother but not sure it's worth 500 more.

The big con for me is the double action single action trigger with a mechanical safety. Single action was great but too many extra parts too go wrong.

The down side for me on the XD was the grip safety and it was not as smooth to shot in my hands seemed to have more recoil, not uncontrollable just more.

If you are looking for holsters and mag pouches the XD has this hands down there is not a lot out there for the FN but it is getting better.

If I really had the extra money I might go with the FN just because it fit my hand better but is it worth 500 more tough to prove.

See I like the da/sa, your right about all the moving parts though. I might just have to buy a can and then both pistols haha.

I would never have a problem buying both "you know for comparison purposes" because that is what gun people do that way you can report to the rest of us on how they work with and without a CAN and the pros and cons.

I am more than happy to give you reasons to by both so if you need any more encouragement just let me know and I will help you find more reasons.:)

Haha. Well I started with the most expensive one of the three yesterday and ordered the fnx. Still unsure about the can but I'm 80 percent on the osprey and 20 on the obsidian 45 but hope to come to a choice on the next week so I can hurry up and wait. Of course after all of that trouble what's an extra 540 for "research" right?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top