JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright as the title reads I'm looking into getting a ported Barrel for my XDM 40 5.25" not sure of how many of you out there shoot Springfield XDM's but I'm looking for some input on what would be a good company to buy from or is going to a gun show ok or just go through a local gunsmith? A barrel that I have seen has the ports milled into the barrel and the barrel is like a half inch longer for them but it was in 9mm and I did not see anything for 40cal. Thanks guys.

44C0C00E-1BCB-4C66-A385-39413446E326.jpeg Ok just came across XD gun parts site that has them They have one left in stock

You will likely be greatly disappointed in the actual felt difference in recoil.

I went down the same path with my GSSF match gun and discovered I could tell little to no difference in recoil or muzzle flip.

I used a Storm Lake barrel in a G19 and it was 100% less accurate than the factory barrel. Even sent it off to have it re-crowned and it made no difference.

If you don't reload, then you may be able to find certain factory plinking loads that are less harsh than others.

I reload, so I make my .40 S&W match loads very soft and accurate.

My G19...

GEHvwDGJR0uJf4jLzOyVNA.jpg

Also, ported guns are not recommended for self-defense due to the gasses and debris that can be blown up into your face and eyes when drawing and shooting from the hip.

I've had three ported handguns and none felt noticeably better than a non-ported version.

Well I just canceled my order for the ported Barrel. Sounds like they don't do anything.
I have a Glock G20 10mm
It's not snappy.....quite smooth, actually and fun for a long range session.

So 10mm being greater than .40S&W, why not acquire a large frame Glock and a conversion barrel to shoot .40S&W through it ?
There are many that say that .40S&W can be shot in a G20 without a conversion barrel.
I have not tried it and would hesitate to recommend it.

ETA:
Or try a G22/G23 (.40S&W)
There are lots of these on the used (police trade-in) market
Best deals on the Net are here and I would go for a Gen 4 with the improved
ergos and improved RSA.
https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/handguns/used-handguns.html

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR