JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,
Longtime reader, first time poster. First of all let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I'm looking to purchase a functional (doesn't have to be beautiful) WW1 era rifle (1917 enfield, SMLE, 1903) that has all matching parts and hasn't been sporterized. I am a med student and a history buff and while I'm not new to shooting guns I am relatively new to owning them, this will be my 2nd rifle and I would like to try and use it to target shoot, hunt deer and elk with. My budget is around $300, which I know isn't very much but I occasionally see them on gunbroker for around that so I figured it was worth asking what people have, feel free to pitch me something if it isn't exactly what I asked for. thanks for your time!

Enfields go for market value around here while you are asking for below market and matching to boot. Try a less used auction sites like Gun Auction or another. Google it...

I will vouch for this guy. He's been shooting with me a few times, and it's possible I'm the reason for his milsurp bug. He really has been working hard to find a matching milsurp, having just missed out on a few gunbroker auctions. He also realizes it might take a while to get what he wants in his budget.

—Robert

Robert, I'm sure your friend is a fine person but I would discourage anybody from chasing the market. I read posts here all the time With people saying they would never buy a Mosin for $300 or a Russian SKS for $600 yet that is where the market is now. I would never tell people how they should spend their money but I would also tell them to be realistic. It's not 2014 anymore.

I will vouch for this guy. He's been shooting with me a few times, and it's possible I'm the reason for his milsurp bug. He really has been working hard to find a matching milsurp, having just missed out on a few gunbroker auctions. He also realizes it might take a while to get what he wants in his budget.

—Robert
Haha you da best Robert, one of these days I'll find one!

Just save your pennies and buy one for market value...
Look for a lesser known rifle like a krag or ross, far more likely to be in your budget and honestly both of those rifles shoot better, or at least flatter. Ammo might be an issue, but that's part of the Curio and Relic fun!

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.