JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One case in point. I've got a pile of full garbage bags full of cans and bottles waiting for the day I can get 10cents per. (I think that day is today, BTW, but I digress) I was always a person who turned in my cans and bottles anyway. What gave the state the right to steal my money at the cash register and try to micro-manage my behavior like Pavlovian dogs, salivating for my dime?

They invented it, just like the "right" to JACK your paycheck before you even get it... I wish more people would pay attention to the differences in the gross-pay and net-pay columns!

o_O

One of the biggest problems with health care in the US is that most people don't pay for it. Yes, most people receive health care insurance through their own earnings, but a vast majority of people do NOT write a check each month to the insurance company. Most people never FEEL the pain of their own health care costs.

True Story, Washington passed the same law recently and I have not noticed a difference at all.... I'm sure if there is a WSP in the vicinity then maybe they might do something then but it surely is not a deturant...:rolleyes:
Washington has had the law on the books for over a year and about twice a year the WSP will go out and inforce it but hasn't made much of a difference you can always find that clown in a Prius driving 55mph in the Hammer lane

One of the biggest problems with health care in the US is that most people don't pay for it. Yes, most people receive health care insurance through their own earnings, but a vast majority of people do NOT write a check each month to the insurance company. Most people never FEEL the pain of their own health care costs.

Perhaps most, but not all... although my medical premiums were paid for, I remember paying over $300 a month (over 12-yrs back) for the premiums to cover my family (medical coverage only, no dental or vision for any of us) through my employer's group plan.

That was before I joined the private-sector union I've been in for the last 12-yrs where the entire family premiums are covered (medical, prescriptions, dental, vision) BUT there's still the annual deductibles, co-pays, and 80/20 coverage.

I just paid out $1,600 two days ago (and over $1,200 last February) to settle all the remaining balances to Providence... last year I itemized well over $10k in aggregate (family) medical, dental, and vision care expenses and was able to deduct most of it from my AGI on my 2016 taxes.

Perhaps most, but not all pay for their health care expenses. ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top