JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just caught this on the news! The State Senate just passed the, "Left Lane Hog" bills! Stating that the practice of driving slowly in the left lane is not only irritating but hazardous!
Well, NO DUH!!!

"It really puts into our law just common courtesy," said Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, who carried the bill. "When you're in the left lane you should be passing. If you're not passing you should move to the right. That's just polite."

Thank you, Sen. Burdick, for stating the obvious. And it is exceedingly unlikely that passing another law is going to prevent people from being morons on the freeway. ;)

Thank you, Sen. Burdick, for stating the obvious. And it is exceedingly unlikely that passing another law is going to prevent people from being morons on the freeway. ;)
The only law they could pass that would keep morons off the freeway would be one that excludes Ginny and her ilk from using said freeway.

Since WHEN has Ginny Burdick ever been concerned with politeness? :rolleyes:
When the quote:
"An armed society is a polite society" is considered, I think it becomes obvious.
Nevah!

The Or. senate just realized that the slow drivers were slowing the speeders down so OSP was not able to give out speeding tickets and they were losing money.

Sure not having an effect on Highway 30 seems that no one drives the speed limit
Seems on average they are all doing including myself 10 to 15 miles over the posted speeds coming into Portland in the morning.

The Or. senate just realized that the slow drivers were slowing the speeders down so OSP was not able to give out speeding tickets and they were losing money.

Ding ding ding, we have the winner folks. Step right up and gaze at the ignoramus idiots in their legislative session environment making laws that make no gain for our peace of mind nor quality of life.:eek::eek::eek:

Don't worry, once they realize that they did something right they will go out of their way to make up for by shoving more shinola down our throats.

So, she promoted a new law that's not much different than ones already in the books. It's against the law for many vehicles to be in the left lane unless passing. And there's a law against impeding traffic...

When was the last time any of the pre existing laws were enforced, anyway?

When I'm in that far left lane I will ALWAYS be passing cars. Most times I'll be going over the posted speed by a bit, 5-10 mph maybe? If someone races up behind me doing 20 over you're just going to have to wait until I can get over with out loosing my speed or making people brake. I'm always happy to see THAT guy go by! I call them "Radar Bait".

They should suggest to people that if you're in the far left lane a running even with cars in the other lanes that you should pull over. Saying the left lane is for passing ONLY is stupid because within the city all lanes need to be used when traffic is heavy.

Just watch out for the hypocrisy: I hate gun laws, but those other savages need to be controlled by laws against their misdeeds.

Here's my take: All laws that curtail our freedoms are wrong. A law isn't going to make someone be courteous or thoughtful or aware of the blokes around them. It is just going to give law enforcement one more cudgel against a free citizen.

IT"S ^^ TRUE! Have you looked at all the new laws they are trying to get through in Salem this year? Good lord, I can't understand most of it.

One case in point. I've got a pile of full garbage bags full of cans and bottles waiting for the day I can get 10cents per. (I think that day is today, BTW, but I digress) I was always a person who turned in my cans and bottles anyway. What gave the state the right to steal my money at the cash register and try to micro-manage my behavior like Pavlovian dogs, salivating for my dime?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top