JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am much more concerned about what is forthcoming from our Oregon Legislature when they reconvene. I did not think that they would actually ban AR's or Mag's. But with the recent push on the national level, I now fully expect them to go for it all this time around. Welcome to Northern California.

So many people have been buying high cap mags and AR and AK rifles since the Clinton Assault Ban expired in 2004, that I think that the Anti's realize that just banning new sales and transfers would not have much of an effect.

A number of similar bills are currently pending in the California State Legislature. They are practically copycats, they are so similar. One would outlaw the possession of all high cap mags ( SB 1446 ), which basically would eliminate California's currently existing grandfather clause, which allowed people that owned high cap mags before the ban on new sales to keep them.

Likewise, there is also a bill ( SB 1235 ) to eliminate online sales of ammo to individuals. It seems at all levels of government, there is a concerted effort to put online ammo vendors out of business. The California Bill is even worse, though, as it also orders the California Attorney General to maintain a database of all ammo purchases made in the state. In other words, the government will actually track how much ammo you are buying. Why does the government want to know how much ammo you are buy? Does that mean that imposing limits on ammo purchase and possession would be next? Logic would sure seem to suggest that.

I predict major &$%@*%#$ coming down the road.

So many people have been buying high cap mags and AR and AK rifles since the Clinton Assault Ban expired in 2004, that I think that the Anti's realize that just banning new sales and transfers would not have much of an effect.

A number of similar bills are currently pending in the California State Legislature. They are practically copycats, they are so similar. One would outlaw the possession of all high cap mags ( SB 1446 ), which basically would eliminate California's currently existing grandfather clause, which allowed people that owned high cap mags before the ban on new sales to keep them.

Likewise, there is also a bill ( SB 1235 ) to eliminate online sales of ammo to individuals. It seems at all levels of government, there is a concerted effort to put online ammo vendors out of business. The California Bill is even worse, though, as it also orders the California Attorney General to maintain a database of all ammo purchases made in the state. In other words, the government will actually track how much ammo you are buying. Why does the government want to know how much ammo you are buy? Does that mean that imposing limits on ammo purchase and possession would be next? Logic would sure seem to suggest that.

I predict major &$%@*%#$ coming down the road.

Precisely. It's a great time to become active in supporting firearm business, supporting firearm political organizations, and having level headed discussions about firearms and human rights with people that will listen.

My intuition suspects that there will be a renewal of the assault weapons ban if Hilary becomes our next president.

Keep fighting the good fight!

I got basically the same nauseating tripe from Merkley, apparently I was on his email distribution list, but no more. What is funny is that apparently one of the bills defeated in the Senate was a Republican compromise that would have been a gun control victory but would have provided for due process for those denied a purchase based on being on a government list. The Democrats defeated it because they want total denial to anyone they choose.

i f-ing hate the term "gun violence and gang violence." violence is violence. no matter the tool used it is still violence. i NEVER have heard someone say "car violence" "alcohol violence" "knife violence" "piano string violence" "concrete boot violence" "baseball bat violence" "crowbar violence" "bomb violence" "sui-violence" or any other way used to commit violence...i guess its a fancy way of gun haters to blame the tool and feel better about their obscured POV.

Earl,

It was a terrorist attack. Why should we cower and limit the rights of our citizens in response to terror? If you are truly interested in protecting Oregonians then please propose ideas that would do this.

Here's an idea, how about we start making it mandatory for all middle school aged children to be taught basic firearm handling and safety in the public school system? 300 million guns are not going away anytime soon.

From my cold dead hands,

Raidingtime

We need a couple million or more in the Portland area just like you, us out in the fringes don't amount to a hill of beans. All the voting power is where the greatest population is and you are it, so get busy converting those commie libs back to thinking human beings instead of sheep. You have to be the sheep dogs because they won't listen to us country hicks out here in the little towns, Look what happened to Art Robinson, they steam rollered him, never had a chance against De F*** zio! Too many on the Government dole and the Peter has their votes an just like the rest of the lying left they discredited a really good man. They along with us will find themselves going down the chute kicking and screaming. It is just a matter of time.
But by the time the sheep learn the shepherds are really wolves it will be too late. :s0013::s0146:
End of rant
Gabby

Jeff Merkley, Senator from Oregon - GovTrack.us
Ron Wyden, Senator from Oregon - GovTrack.us
Rep Suzanne Bonamici, Oregon's 1st District - GovTrack.us
Rep Greg Walden, Oregon's 2nd District -GovTrack.us
Rep Earl Blumenauer, Oregon's 3rd District - GovTrack.us
Rep Pete DeFazio, Oregon's 4th District - GovTrack.us

Were you listing all the communists in our fair state, I suspect you missed a few but that is a good start.
Darn what ever happened to McCarthy?
Gabby

I get mailings from the RNC constantly asking my input on how they do things and always at the bottom where they dunn me for money I print in caps NOT ONE DIME! then I send it back to them. I know it's a waste of my time and postage stamp but it makes me feel better for a few minutes. :s0137:
Gabby

Gabby
Those are Oregon's reps in Washington DC
Send them an email, ask them to vote against gun control, please.
I do, they don't listen. They need to be voted out...

Already have my message drafted for the next round of discussions and votes on gun control bills later this week...

Our only saving grace at the federal level
is the fact Republicians for the most part are stonewalling.... We need to retain control there or all will be lost...

The biggest battle will be in Salem come the new year... It's gonna be a helluva fight guys...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews