JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once all the sheep get going in one direction its hard to stop them.:D

A couple of good sheepdogs can stop an entire heard. Unfortunately we seem to be lacking sheep dogs at the moment. If we had some good and decent, strong, outspoken leadership, I think it could happen. Unfortunately our political world right now is more like an episode of the Kardashians than it is real politics.

Wife and I are hooked on the show Turn, about the spies of the American Revolution - man, what a great show to remind us where we came from and the willingness of so many to stand up and fight that kind of oppression.

Did anyone catch the report that in Philadelphia they are trying to pass a Soda tax - .30-.40 cents PER SODA. What I didn't miss was the sheer irony that Philadelphia was where our country really got started, where the first Congress came together to fight the tyranny of an unjust tax levied by King George III. And yet here we are, levying unjust taxes against ourselves in the founding home of our country, and just going along with it. Sick, sick, sick!!! Where are the Sons of Liberty when you need them??

Last Edited:
A couple of good sheepdogs can stop an entire heard. Unfortunately we seem to be lacking sheep dogs at the moment. If we had some good and decent, strong, outspoken leadership, I think it could happen. Unfortunately our political world right now is more like an episode of the Kardashians than it is real politics.

Wife and I are hooked on the show Turn, about the spies of the American Revolution - man, what a great show to remind us where we came from and the willingness of so many to stand up and fight that kind of oppression.

Did anyone catch the report that in Philadelphia they are trying to pass a Soda tax - .30-.40 cents PER SODA. What I didn't miss was the sheer irony that Philadelphia was where our country really got started, where the first Congress came together to fight the tyranny of an unjust tax levied by King George III. And yet here we are, levying unjust taxes against ourselves and just going along with it. Sick, sick, sick!!! Where are the Sons of Liberty when you need them??
the relative few that backed and enacted our country's revolution are rolling in their graves. They did what they did for less tyranny and oppression than we have today. It's amazing what people adapt to and accept, I guess as we all get comfy and the government takes care of everyone.

Did anyone catch the report that in Philadelphia they are trying to pass a Soda tax - .30-.40 cents PER SODA. What I didn't miss was the sheer irony that Philadelphia was where our country really got started, where the first Congress came together to fight the tyranny of an unjust tax levied by King George III. And yet here we are, levying unjust taxes against ourselves in the founding home of our country, and just going along with it. Sick, sick, sick!!! Where are the Sons of Liberty when you need them??
I think the sheep are deaf:D
TURN is a good show!

By the way, Ron Wyden said pretty much the same thing in the senate.

Is it just me, or does he look sick? I mean, he's gaunt, his lips are blue, it's like he's not getting enough oxygen. Could actually explain some things. I think he should step down now for his own health. :rolleyes:

I am much more concerned about what is forthcoming from our Oregon Legislature when they reconvene. I did not think that they would actually ban AR's or Mag's. But with the recent push on the national level, I now fully expect them to go for it all this time around. Welcome to Northern California.

I just received this e-mail from Earl, All I can say is if you own a gun and you vote for these guys I will unfriend you.:mad:

Dear Friends,

On Sunday, a mad man's fury and hate was directed at the LGBT community, resulting in the murder of 49 people and injuring many more. Our country is reeling from the horrifying violence in Orlando – the worst mass shooting in American history by someone who, in his own words, identified with ISIS.

This was a homophobic attack that has shattered lives, yet another tragedy from gun violence.

It's outrageous that Congress has failed to act to prevent more tragedies.

Why haven't we learned? When will this stop? At what point do we say enough is enough and act?

Many people have asked what I'm doing. My approach is outlined in my plan for a path forward for gun safety in America. I published this plan over a year ago, and highlighted it again last October after the shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon. Since then there have been 258 mass shootings.

At every turn, I work to treat gun violence like the public health epidemic it is. We can take commonsense steps to protect Americans, including:

• Keeping guns from the most dangerous users by closing the "private sale loophole" and implementing comprehensive and uniform background checks;
  • Having law enforcement follow up with each person who fails the background check;
  • Restricting assault weapons and high capacity magazines that are unsafe in any public space;
  • Improving our mental health system to make it more accessible and available and enhancing our capacity to help individuals with mental illness;
  • Authorizing and increasing research on gun violence to allow us to fully understand the impact and implications of current policies;
  • Making sure guns are tested and regulated to ensure consistency and product safety for consumers;
  • Empowering health care professionals to discuss all matters that affect their patients' health, including gun ownership;
  • Ensuring better regulation for gun dealers and focusing compliance on the few unscrupulous gun dealers;
  • Enforcing existing gun laws by not letting the gun lobby undermine enforcement agencies;
  • Requiring that people purchasing a gun have liability insurance; and
  • Providing resources for first responders, schools, and public facilities personnel to deal with active-shooter situations
I'm working on several bills in Congress that make these changes. I'm proud to stand with my colleagues in the Senate who filibustered for these efforts.

No more just thoughts and prayers. Not just moments of silence.

If we want to support the LGBT community and every family in America and keep our communities safe, we need to bring these bills to the floor for a vote now — and, while we're at it, bills that promote the equality agenda.

Courage,
View attachment 297729
Earl Blumenauer

Earl,

It was a terrorist attack. Why should we cower and limit the rights of our citizens in response to terror? If you are truly interested in protecting Oregonians then please propose ideas that would do this.

Here's an idea, how about we start making it mandatory for all middle school aged children to be taught basic firearm handling and safety in the public school system? 300 million guns are not going away anytime soon.

From my cold dead hands,

Raidingtime

Earl,

It was a terrorist attack. Why should we cower and limit the rights of our citizens in response to terror? If you are truly interested in protecting Oregonians then please propose ideas that would do this.

Here's an idea, how about we start making it mandatory for all middle school aged children to be taught basic firearm handling and safety in the public school system? 300 million guns are not going away anytime soon.

From my cold dead hands,

Raidingtime

Actually, the latest estimate is now 400,000,000 guns, and that will probably jump in the next few months thanks to Obama's renewed push for gun control.

OK I found them.

The Republicans who supported the Democratic filibuster are Republican Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) and Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA).

It's mostly Dems on this BanWagon but not all; it is important to not assume an (R) behind a name means they are necessarily behind your issue.

E-mails and telegrams to Olympia are like pounding sand into a rat hole with the Demorats controlling Washington State.:mad:
All you get back is the usual party form letter stating how we should all work for peace,
harmony, lollipop trees and more unicorns.:(

OK I found them.

The Republicans who supported the Democratic filibuster are Republican Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) and Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA).

It's mostly Dems on this BanWagon but not all; it is important to not assume an (R) behind a name means they are necessarily behind your issue.

Figures that Toomey's one of them, he's been a gun grabber from the beginning.

As for Sasse, well it looks like he only asked a question about due process of the "terrorist watch list" according to these articles
#NeverTrump Senator Ben Sasse Smeared by Bad Reporting on Democrat Filibuster | RedState (http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/06/16/sen.-ben-sasse-r-join-democrat-gun-control-filibuster-trump-outlets-claim/)
The 4 moments you shouldn't miss from Senate Democrats' marathon filibuster on gun control (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/16/the-four-moments-you-shouldnt-miss-from-senate-democrats-marathon-filibuster-on-gun-control/)

Ray

Yep, @capn is right, I call Maria Cantwell Maria Can't-read because no matter what I write, I get the boilerplate response that has nothing to do with my position.

But check it out. The Dove and Unicorn Coom-by-ya sisters Murray and Can't-read would turn into throat-ripping wolverines if anybody'd try to mess with the wholesale murder machines in JBLM or the weapons supplier, Boeing. Ditto Raytheon, General Dynamics, Dow chemical or Aerodyne. Lockheed? Foggetaboutit!

Here's the deepest secret: state-sponsored wholesale killing is just fine with them. It's the retail homicide they can't stand.

And no huge surprise that Mr. Blumenauer is a supporter of the Corporate-ruling class outfit, World Trade Organization and just can't wait to send other people's kids off to fight in Darfur.
Earl was too busy to help out in Vietnam, attending Lewis and Clark college during his draftable years.

Burn this after reading. :cool:

What this " Earl " looks like. 131204_earl_blumenauer_ap_605.jpg

Kinda like he should be wearing a dress.
And this is how I think he sees himself. stalin_poster.jpg

E-mails and telegrams to Olympia are like pounding sand into a rat hole with the Demorats controlling Washington State.:mad:
All you get back is the usual party form letter stating how we should all work for peace,
harmony, lollipop trees and more unicorns.:(
This is especially true from Merkley !! Noting but canned responses. He's all we have to represent us eastern Oregonians. Just one big south end of a north bound horse.:(:(

Flood Earl with pro gun support calling out the root cause of the problem, Radical Muzzlegums... Then remind him his seat is up for grabs in the Fall, provided there's actually an election process...

Me thinketh the time has come for Earl to leave D.C., he's been there, part of the problem, for the past 20 years....

Edited to correct the unpredictable predictive text....

Last Edited:
OK I found them.

Sasse didn't support them, he actually questioned them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top