JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to see some actual cases and reasons for FOID card violations in Illinois and the same thing in California with the red flag laws. If we learned that these were high crime areas and most were gang bangers, I believe people would have different responses.
Not in the slightest! We have due-process for a reason and there is no possible justification for sacrificing the rights of the many to "possibly" prevent a tiny handful of evil doers from "maybe" committing a crime sometime in the future.

We already have laws to disarm high risk people. It just takes more effort and a burden of proof to use them. As it SHOULD.

On Edit: It's also important to note that the state of Illinois was targetting FOID (firearm owner ID card) holders. Law abiding citizens have FOID cards. Granted, some bad apples might slip through the cracks and have a FOID, but I highly doubt that 300 out of 700 of the FOID holders "audited" fall into that category.

Last Edited:
Quite the track record there. Yet they were out to do it again. Still like what you keep voting for their Seattle??
No joke.

It also didn't miss my attention that this occured in a gun free zone. Seems like the perfect place to gang bang with firearms if you don't want to have to worry about some law abiding gun owner sneaking up and popping your noggin when you ain't lookin... hu!

It was in general that the voters up there keep saying this is what they want to live with. This kind of stuff does not happen in a vacuum. The voters up there have been saying for many years this is what they want. So I hope they are enjoying getting what they asked for:(
Well, what they do is vote somewhere into a constant state of chaos...then move to a quiet place and pretend to raise Llamas.

Not in the slightest! We have due-process for a reason and there is no possible justification for sacrificing the rights of the many to "possibly" prevent a tiny handful of evil doers from "maybe" committing a crime sometime in the future.

We already have laws to disarm high risk people. It just takes more effort and a burden of proof to use them. As it SHOULD.

On Edit: It's also important to note that the state of Illinois was targetting FOID (firearm owner ID card) holders. Law abiding citizens have FOID cards. Granted, some bad apples might slip through the cracks and have a FOID, but I highly doubt that 300 out of 700 of the FOID holders "audited" fall into that category.
These weren't random searches, they were targeting known felons with FOID cards. References and context are important.

Nearly 300 southern Illinoisans have to give up their firearms after gun rights revoked Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article264833809.html#storylink=cpy

Illinois State Police put over 1,000 individuals into 'compliance' following firearm blitz

Illinois State Police seize guns from more than 1K residents with revoked FOID cards

My point is that screaming that the sky is falling is the same as saying that highways are racist. Pretty soon people just turn their back to you and don't believe your random rantings. Right now, we're fighting a real and present danger to our firearm rights in Oregon and ranting and raving, repeating skewed information, will only hurt our credibility.

These weren't random searches, they were targeting known felons with FOID cards. References and context are important.
My only issue is that when quoting/linking news sources that cleary follow the democrat party bullet points... like... "Belleville News-Democrat"... you have to be a little suspect of the accuracy and degree of the reporting. We all know they will lie through their teeth, all for their greater good.

Its easy to believe that "some" that had peviously revoked FOID's for felonies where included, but 1,800 of them in 40 counties? How easy it would be to misrepresent "a few" into giving the impression that ALL where felons in possession... right? Not saying yea or nay, just that it's suspect, considering the souces.

Reading those, it's also not entirely clear that all where previously revoked as due process or that revoking citizens FOID cards was not part of the red flag move to force them into "compliance". It wouldnt make sense that they would not revoke them if they planned to invoke the emergency act, now would it?

Not that once lawful citizens with FOID holders couldn't have done something non firearm related to pull a felony charge and lose their rights, but I'm still, personally, doubtful that any of the states actions will do much of anything to prevent any violent firearm related crimes, anyway.

I also firmly believe that the "we only took guns away from criminals" line is exactly what the democrats want everyone to believe. Hook, line, and sinker.

I did notice too that the mass shooter was noted to have held a valid FOID at the time he purchased his tool of destruction.

My only issue is that when quoting/linking news sources that cleary follow the democrat party bullet points... like... "Belleville News-Democrat"... you have to be a little suspect of the accuracy and degree of the reporting. We all know they will lie through their teeth, all for their greater good.

Its easy to believe that "some" that had peviously revoked FOID's for felonies where included, but 1,800 of them in 40 counties? How easy it would be to misrepresent "a few" into giving the impression that ALL where felons in possession... right? Not saying yea or nay, just that it's suspect, considering the souces.

Reading those, it's also not entirely clear that all where previously revoked as due process or that revoking citizens FOID cards was not part of the red flag move to force them into "compliance". It wouldnt make sense that they would not revoke them if they planned to invoke the emergency act, now would it?

Not that once lawful citizens with FOID holders couldn't have done something non firearm related to pull a felony charge and lose their rights, but I'm still, personally, doubtful that any of the states actions will do much of anything to prevent any violent firearm related crimes, anyway.

I also firmly believe that the "we only took guns away from criminals" line is exactly what the democrats want everyone to believe. Hook, line, and sinker.

I did notice too that the mass shooter was noted to have held a valid FOID at the time he purchased his tool of destruction.
I have said for a good while now that if legacy media tells me it will get dark tonight I want to get a second source. If they put out a story that has anything to do with gun law I just assume they are lying right off from the start. They keep proving me right to feel this way. 🤬

Nearly 300 southern Illinoisans have to give up their firearms after gun rights revoked Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article264833809.html#storylink=cpy

Illinois State Police put over 1,000 individuals into 'compliance' following firearm blitz

Illinois State Police seize guns from more than 1K residents with revoked FOID cards

My point is that screaming that the sky is falling is the same as saying that highways are racist. Pretty soon people just turn their back to you and don't believe your random rantings. Right now, we're fighting a real and present danger to our firearm rights in Oregon and ranting and raving, repeating skewed information, will only hurt our credibility.
That's why I don't pay attention to 'Tubers like that guy.

It was in general that the voters up there keep saying this is what they want to live with. This kind of stuff does not happen in a vacuum. The voters up there have been saying for many years this is what they want. So I hope they are enjoying getting what they asked for:(
The majority of Illinois, outside of Chicago and the St Louis region are staunchly conservative. Just like the majority of people in northern California are conservative and the majority of people in Oregon outside of Portland, Eugene, and Bend are conservative. I find it rather insulting when people say we deserve what we get. I've heard people say that they wouldn't stop to help someone on the highway, even if they were on fire, if they had California plates.

Many of us behind enemy lines are doing what we can but it's limited when you're outnumbered.

We often use the argument that new gun laws are unnecessary because existing laws aren't being enforced. I think the whole FOID card thing is bull spit, but at least they are enforcing the law by going after armed felons. AFIK I know, not possessing firearms is a condition of release and the felons knew it when they were released from prison.

The majority of Illinois, outside of Chicago and the St Louis region are staunchly conservative. Just like the majority of people in northern California are conservative and the majority of people in Oregon outside of Portland, Eugene, and Bend are conservative. I find it rather insulting when people say we deserve what we get. I've heard people say that they wouldn't stop to help someone on the highway, even if they were on fire, if they had California plates.

Many of us behind enemy lines are doing what we can but it's limited when you're outnumbered.

We often use the argument that new gun laws are unnecessary because existing laws aren't being enforced. I think the whole FOID card thing is bull spit, but at least they are enforcing the law by going after armed felons. AFIK I know, not possessing firearms is a condition of release and the felons knew it when they were released from prison.
Let me try it is a way you will understand then. I have listened to a few pro rights people from CA who have been fighting the good fight for years. There is multi millions of legal gun owners in CA. The people fighting say if they could get just 2 million to vote as a block they could really make things happen. They so far have not been able too. Want to get offended some more?
Sure.
WA state a short while ago passed a law making the Ruger 10/22 an "Assault Rifle". We now have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get permission to own one. One of the supporting vendors here put up a LOT of his own time and MONEY to give voters another chance to fix this. Know what happened? Whole bunch of gun owners who also are "offended" could not get off their butt and sign the petition. Know what they are great at? Getting offended and complaining. So they are getting just what they deserve and they can be offended all they want while they do nothing. :s0092:

Very true. And within those outnumbering us are MANY actual gun owners so the arguments that 'if all gun owners voted, we could make changes" doesn't exactly hold water. They ARE voting, but in favor of "reasonable" laws that infringe on the 2A.

We get bogged down in the issue at hand, like this one, and even here there have been comments made like, (paraphrasing) "if they are taking guns from those breaking the law then what's wrong with red flag laws?"

They miss the point that giving up our liberties in exchange for "safety" is exactly how a country is gradually stepping into a tyrannical police state.

Case in point, this issue. If a felon is in possession of a firearm, we don't need to justify the use of red flag laws to take their guns away. There are laws for that.

The left is using it to show us, "see, red flag laws are necessary to disarm criminals" is just a whitewash to get us to accept that it's okay to set aside due process and our liberties. It's a GOOD thing! 🤣

If what they say is true... a felon in possession of a firearm... what does a FOID card status matter? If they are felons with a firearm, why are they allowing the firearms to go to other family members and not arresting the felons for being in possession?

Why are the firearms not being confiscated and the offenders not being arrested?? Felons are subject to LE scrutiny at any time and due process laws already on the books would demand confiscation and arrest.

Their narrative is falling apart, IMHO and I call B.S.!!

The reall narrative seems to be simply to "normalize" the idea that side stepping due process is acceptable and necessary. It only affects criminals. It's a good thing. Once that happens, it makes it much easier to do it again and justify it with, there is a precident, we've done it before, fully supported by the people... so what are you complaining about?🤣

Very true. And within those outnumbering us are MANY actual gun owners so the arguments that 'if all gun owners voted, we could make changes" doesn't exactly hold water. They ARE voting, but in favor of "reasonable" laws that infringe on the 2A.

🤣
Gun owners voted for Kate in OR, and Jay in WA. The results of those votes speak for themselves. They got what they asked for, hope they enjoy it. They did after all ask for it. Amazing how many get what they ask for then scream. :s0092:

All gun owners did not vote for Kate Brown and you know it. Many of us spent the time to write our legislators and the press, campaign for candidates, and spend money for ads. Saying that we support Brown or voted for her and deserve the draconian gun laws are ridiculous.

I have some pretty hard comments for people that want to throw in the towel and would rather sit n a barstool munching peanuts with your mouth open and ditch and moan about how life sucks. If you don't want to do anything, fine, but stop the claims that pro 2A people trying to take action are idiots and deserve to have their guns taken away because they live in Oregon.

We've got more than a few people on this forum that are spending their own money and using their time to actually do something about the upcoming vote on measure 114. We've got enough interference from the left and don't need derision from those that claim to support the second amendment but put down those fighting for it.

I need to report this person. I'm fairly certain she's a danger. Who do I call?
20220830_074058.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top