JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if its the idea of "service" , not so much as "defending" , that might be a hang up with some folk?.
Service as in the idea of putting someone else , some ideas or needs etc...before your needs or desires.
Andy

I'd pick up a rifle and try... though with my having failed the physical three different ways (thankfully BEFORE getting to "turn head and cough," I'd be F***ING P*SSED about getting violated for nothing) I'd probably drop from a coronary early in the Big Show, consuming medical attention that could probably be better allocated elsewhere.

This is part of why I've advocated making the physical standards fit the MOS... if somebody wants to serve but is unfit to have a place in the line, let us serve as a file clerk or something where the physical requirements and available body are a better fit and free up a more able body FOR the line. How fit do you really need to be to be a Nintendo Game Warrior with a drone, anyway? LOL

The question is kinda out of context and asked with no underlying facts or lead-up scenario.
In the years before WWII, even the Japanese of pre-1940's wouldn't have signed up for Kamikaze missions in any number because at that time they would have thought differently than when their backs were against the wall, many thought they were about to die anyway. Heck before 1940 I'm pretty sure most American's would have laughed at the idea they'd be getting shot in droves on some beach in France.

1. not a realistic option in the current world of guided missiles and drones.
2. pilots take too much time and money to train.
3. at $50m or more, planes are much to costly to waste on a single mission.
4. we'd never be able to convince our people that politicians are Gods.
5. the idea is to make your enemy die for his country.

Bingo - exactly what I would have written.

Would I defend the US? Well, that is kind of a loaded question in my opinion. I would defend my community, my state and probably even my "region"... But if we were invaded by an aggressive force on the east coast I would not likely abandon my community to go engage the enemy 2500 miles away. I am not 19 nor am I a soldier. My most useful service to the nation would probably be as the well organized and prepared fireman and EMT that I am in my community. I would help prepare and train for the eventual altercation on my home turf and defend it with my life, while being as careful and reasonable as possible not to spend it in vain.

I'm fifty-five years old. I got bad knees and am probably legally blind without my glasses. I've never served in any branch of the armed forces, been a fat-a$$ed civilian all my life.

The bottom line: If the U.S. were attacked, where do I sign up?

The majority of my life up until now was spent in uniform defending the ideals that this country was founded on. Through both Bush Administrations, Clinton, Obama and into the Don. My intentions for doing so didn't lay on the leaders, but on the ideals that we are founded on. Would I do it again, you bet your arse!

I would defend this country with out doubt will I support this country being an agressor for economic reasons no. You invade my country whether they come now or they come when I am on my last breath I will use what I have to prevent them. I will not support a fiasco like the Vietnam war ever. I do not feel that the we should be the world's police.

We the people ..... self governing under our Constitution, are the United States of America. The government, is not the United States of America.

Based on the above premise, if the United States of America were attacked, I would do everything I could, without reservation or hesitation to defend the United States of America.

I would happily join in with Voice Of America, or Armed Forces Radio. I would be far more effective there than on the front lines. While still handy with a rifle, I could serve better in a radio or television studio.

I'd pick up a rifle and try... though with my having failed the physical three different ways (thankfully BEFORE getting to "turn head and cough," I'd be F***ING P*SSED about getting violated for nothing) I'd probably drop from a coronary early in the Big Show, consuming medical attention that could probably be better allocated elsewhere.

This is part of why I've advocated making the physical standards fit the MOS... if somebody wants to serve but is unfit to have a place in the line, let us serve as a file clerk or something where the physical requirements and available body are a better fit and free up a more able body FOR the line. How fit do you really need to be to be a Nintendo Game Warrior with a drone, anyway? LOL

Shoulda joined the AF...... J\K :D

Shoulda joined the AF...... J\K :D
Same three DQ's woulda killed me there: Autism, Allergies, and Unable to Make Weight. :( (I'm built like a six-footer who somebody hacked six inches out of, and even at the point where every pound of fat coming off was being replaced with a pound of muscle going back on was still ten pounds above the no-exceptions hard limit for 5-feet-6. Fifteen years and sixty-some pounds ago...)

Careful chief, those milspec Tactical keyboards are HEAVY:
A6E8EC6C-519A-4F57-A520-BFC1F9667B8F.jpeg

For a LIMITED TIME, enlist now.... service GUARANTEES.... a red balloon?

AF77E15D-27A9-4140-B73A-74D8398FF6FF.gif

On 9/11/2001, the first effective response to the attacks on the United States of America did not come from the Armed Forces, the Law Enforcement arms of the Federal Government, any agency of the Federal Government, nor any agency of any State or Local Government.

That response came from ordinary Americans who figured out on their own that they were in a position to confront their attackers. They organized themselves, and despite being disarmed by policies directed against them by their Government, developed a plan to counterattack the hijackers of United Airlines Flight 93 and executed that plan, knowing full well that their odds of survival were vanishingly small.

Their sacrifice prevented the hijackers from attacking Washington D.C. with that aircraft. In honor of their courage: "Let's Roll!"
:s0042:

Yup. I defended it before and I defend it still with my votes and work in my community. I wouldn't want to fight overseas serving some ultra wealthy pricks capital ventures, unless they paid me very, very well.. I would fight for free if I knew I was eliminating a threat to my nation, community, family etc

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top