JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As Michael Savage would say, it's the red diaper doper babies.
If we were invaded I'd be one of the first take up arms and stand on a wall.

The question is kinda out of context and asked with no underlying facts or lead-up scenario.
In the years before WWII, even the Japanese of pre-1940's wouldn't have signed up for Kamikaze missions in any number because at that time they would have thought differently than when their backs were against the wall, many thought they were about to die anyway. Heck before 1940 I'm pretty sure most American's would have laughed at the idea they'd be getting shot in droves on some beach in France.

1. not a realistic option in the current world of guided missiles and drones.
2. pilots take too much time and money to train.
3. at $50m or more, planes are much to costly to waste on a single mission.
4. we'd never be able to convince our people that politicians are Gods.
5. the idea is to make your enemy die for his country.

44 per cent cant be correct. I took statistically math in college and you can easily manipulate data to suit your purpose.This is the best place on earth to live. Period.

I agree it's easy to manipulate numbers, but if you look at today's polarizing politics, unpopular president, it might not be so surpirising. If you ask someone who is disaffected (most people) they most likely associate fighting for their country with fighting for their government, which they don't want to do.

I would never die for my government but I'd fight to the death for what my country is supposed to be. I would have said the same thing before November of '16 too. Doubt you could scare up more than a dozen enlisted men who would honestly say that they'd die for Barry or Donald. But I'm relatively certain that they'd all kill or die for their families and our constitutional rights and freedoms.

When I was in Vietnam, the suggestion of dying for our country would have got a loud laugh or a 'are-you-on-drugs' look. My squad was tight and we looked out for each other, even in the boring times. Mail call, and everyone is happy to hear their name called out. I didn't notice Mike Snider walking off with a letter in hand, hanging by his side. Someone did, and we all knew in our heart what had happened. We followed him out to the perimeter, where he sat in the dirt with his back to a bunker. Everyone stopped about five yards away, silently wondering what to say. Then we sat in the dirt beside him, and in front of him. It was an emotionally powerful moment, and no one ever said a word. I knew, we all knew, our loyalty was first of all to each other.

Some people think many of the Kamakazi pilots were actually suffering (tricked by)...Target Fixation, and may not have been intentionally using their planes and themselves as missiles..

Given the effectiveness of memes and mantras in today's society; how many of today's "Kamakazis" also suffer from Target Fixation?

Examples of the "faithful" going out in a "blaze of glory" aren't hard to find...

In my retirement, I pick and choose who the friends are (who I would defend), the enemies of the US Constitution pick themselves...

I served my country once before and would do so again.
As to the reasons why , they are varied , some of which are the same as they were when I was 18 many are different now that I am 48.

I love my country , faults and all... I also love the ideas on which it was founded and the idea of what it can be.
Andy

"You don't have to Believe in your Government to be a good American, you just have to Believe in your Country 1f1fa-1f1f8.png ." -W

Following orders is perhaps the most difficult aspect of honoring our oath....IMO. I do not take the decision lightly.

Picking and choosing which hill to climb, which DA to cross, which OBJ to take; is much different than being TOLD.

"Picking and choosing" is much different than knowing the upper echelons are withholding key information..

Picking and choosing is much different than being TOLD the 4 Ws (what when, where, & why).

Being TOLD; ordered, directed, made-to....

Lots of patriots in my past; I'd trust and fight side by side; but who the leader is makes a difference...

Leaders like gens Clark & Powell...no

Leaders like Gens McChrystal & Steiner...yes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews