JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow! What a dumpster fire!

Girlfriend and I were headed back to Pullman area from Seattle yesterday and decided to stop at the Burger King in Othello. Had a weekend of non-keto debauchery and decided to finish it up with a Whopper and onion rings.

Walked in and there were three customers in front of us.

First, was a family of Hispanics. Mom, dad, and three young kids. Then a single Hispanic woman, and a tall white guy.

Entire restaurant was filled with Hispanics and the kitchen and all employees were all Hispanic and speaking nothing but Spanish.

One young Hispanic girl with a lazy eye working the counter.

We waited about ten minutes for her to finish taking the order from the family. The tall white guy gave up and walked out.

We gave our order after another couple minutes of her trying to help the single gal. Meanwhile, another lady came in that had gone through the drive-thru and complained that they forgot some items for her order and instead of apologizing, the guy working the window started arguing with her, then realized the items were sitting by the window.

Got our order in, and went and filled our drink cups and realized that there were no straws.

Went to the counter and stood there for a couple of minutes while everyone behind the counter avoided eye contact. Gave up and went back to our table.

Our order number was called out, in Spanish, (my girlfriend is Mexican and recognized it) so I went up to the counter and took the tray that was just left there. I said very loudly that I needed some straws and was told angrily that they had filled them. Looked over and yep, they had.

Went over and grabbed some straws and went to get ketchup. Ketchup dispenser was empty.

Went back to the counter and had to shout again to get someone to acknowledge me to get some ketchup.

Took the tray back to our table and noticed that the garbage was overflowing, there was trash everywhere, and it was just a dirty and unkempt place.

Ate our food, which was actually made properly, and got the heck out of there.

Did a Yelp review and slammed them and noticed much of the other reviews also noted the incredibly slow service.

Wow! What a dumpster fire!

Girlfriend and I were headed back to Pullman area from Seattle yesterday and decided to stop at the Burger King in Othello. Had a weekend of non-keto debauchery and decided to finish it up with a Whopper and onion rings.

Walked in and there were three customers in front of us.

First, was a family of Hispanics. Mom, dad, and three young kids. Then a single Hispanic woman, and a tall white guy.

Entire restaurant was filled with Hispanics and the kitchen and all employees were all Hispanic and speaking nothing but Spanish.

One young Hispanic girl with a lazy eye working the counter.

We waited about ten minutes for her to finish taking the order from the family. The tall white guy gave up and walked out.

We gave our order after another couple minutes of her trying to help the single gal. Meanwhile, another lady came in that had gone through the drive-thru and complained that they forgot some items for her order and instead of apologizing, the guy working the window started arguing with her, then realized the items were sitting by the window.

Got our order in, and went and filled our drink cups and realized that there were no straws.

Went to the counter and stood there for a couple of minutes while everyone behind the counter avoided eye contact. Gave up and went back to our table.

Our order number was called out, in Spanish, (my girlfriend is Mexican and recognized it) so I went up to the counter and took the tray that was just left there. I said very loudly that I needed some straws and was told angrily that they had filled them. Looked over and yep, they had.

Went over and grabbed some straws and went to get ketchup. Ketchup dispenser was empty.

Went back to the counter and had to shout again to get someone to acknowledge me to get some ketchup.

Took the tray back to our table and noticed that the garbage was overflowing, there was trash everywhere, and it was just a dirty and unkempt place.

Ate our food, which was actually made properly, and got the heck out of there.

Did a Yelp review and slammed them and noticed much of the other reviews also noted the incredibly slow service.

Welcome to North Mexico!!! I'm not disparaging Hispanics, but we visited Mexico a lot, and noted the cultural differences.

The wife and I went to KFC in Walla Walla in between doctors appts. Had nearly the same experience. Poor service, people coming back inside because of incorrect orders, missing items in my order, lots of noisy jabber of both staff and patrons, cleanliness issues. And we are paying higher fast food prices for this??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Take a picture and get ahold of the Franchise owner info. Call it in and let him/her know what up. Often they take that stuff very seriously. A review is good.. but most dont read reviews when it comes to fast food. Hit them where it hurts and give the people in charge a piece of your mind. A poor experience like that is enough to turn away customers for good.. they know that and will try to fix things.

My ex had a hellish experience one time at an establishment like that. The entire crew of people working there were lazy, entitled and rotten.

Anyhow, the franchise owner and corporate were steaming pissed when they heard about their brand/store being so crummy. Not only did she get a refund for her meal, she got free vouchers and a written apology from the corporate office and one on the phone with the franchise owner.

From my understanding either 80% of the crew quit or was fired over a few months as none of them were there ever again after that despite differing shift hours.

Really makes you laugh at the idea of $15 an hour when it comes to people like that.

Seems to be this is the business model of Burger King.

The Burger King in Oregon City is filthy, and actually has an odor. And the service is awful.

This store was closed down for a lengthy time some years back. When they reopened, they resumed their terrible hygiene and customer service practices.

So...since this is obviously acceptable to Burger King management, I cannot imagine their owners or stockholders would stand for this, as it very obviously affects their bottom line.

Or, once you realize the place was less than savory, leave.

That you dared eat the food is a testament to your gastro-intestinal bravery or something...

ZA's idea has merit and if you follow his advice - please post the followup results.

I forgot to mention, I've spent a lot of time in Mexico (one of my favorite countries and I traveled the world) and while restaurant service here and there was at times slow, not always and observable cleanliness was usually acceptable.

I really love the Yucatan.

Or, once you realize the place was less than savory, leave.

That you dared eat the food is a testament to your gastro-intestinal bravery or something...

ZA's idea has merit and if you follow his advice - please post the followup results.

I have done so multiple times. Be it Burger King, McD's, Taco Bell, or KFC, when I've contacted corporate for filth or poor service, I always receive the similar canned apology with a coupon for a free product. But nothing ever changes.

Inked9c552736-7215-4d0d-ba14-8c5d34a10263_LI.jpg

Last Edited:
Othello is a small town lol I am there every week.
Probably 95% Hispanic.
They probably have trouble keeping employee.
I go there to pickup french fries.
At the cold storage.
Witch is 98% Hispanic.
The turnover is pretty high.
There is probably only 15 people that have been there for years.

Something else that you never hear about is .
Moses's lake .Othello
All these little towns that used to be farm towns are now gang land .
They have big gang and drug problems.

Next time you drive across WA
Check this out.
Scan your radio around Othello and Mosses lake and see what you get .
Lol there is 8 SPANISH radio stations in mosses lake area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be this is the business model of Burger King.

IDK, the BK here is good/clean/tasty. Staff is never high class folk but that is pretty much everywhere you have fast food.

I forgot to mention, I've spent a lot of time in Mexico (one of my favorite countries and I traveled the world) and while restaurant service here and there was at times slow, not always and observable cleanliness was usually acceptable.

Your experience is different than mine. Perhaps it is little towns in the countryside?

We spent a lot of time in Cabo, La Paz, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan... and visited Cabo off the boat on cruise... we were warned not to eat from street vendors due to risk of getting sick. So we went to established restaurants and it was fine. We especially enjoyed the open beach restaurant at Teacupan south of Mazatlan.

What I really noticed was the lack of cleanup of street garbage on the outskirts of the tourist cities. Also, we stayed at the El Cid, a supposed five star hotel, and it was filthy. Maids didn't clean well at all. Floor was filthy, countertops were filthy, bathtub was filthy. Outside of the resorts at Cabo, the beaches were filthy, the public restrooms were unuseable. My wife didn't dare walk the beaches, and I didn't dare go swimming due to raw sewage in the water. Graffiti everywhere. Workers taking a dump in the same fields we get our produce from. We sure didn't find it acceptable!

I'd like to revisit Rocky Point and see how it's changed since the 60s. And revisit Teacupan. Maybe go to Zihautenejo. But my wife will not go there anymore!!! There is also the problem of the drug lords. I think I'll take a pass too.

Othello is a small town lol I am there every week.
Probably 95% Hispanic.
They probably have trouble keeping employee.
I go there to pickup french fries.
At the cold storage.
Witch is 98% Hispanic.
The turnover is pretty high.
There is probably only 15 people that have been there for years.

I used to service pay phones at the fry factories in Boardman OR, and the apple orchards near Walla Walla, the factories were clean, but the nearby deli stores were filthy. Phones were always full of ketchup, etc. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Oh man, the George Lopez routine was especially funny as I speak a modicum of bad Spanish and I understood everything the drive up guy was saying...funny, funny stuff!

Also, I spent my high school years in a predominantly Hispanic school and town in South Texas and thus picked up a smattering of Spanglish too.

Also, had a Mexican American girlfriend who I think fondly of now and then. I was 35, she 19 and a beauty queen/pageant contestant. Man, she was gorgeous!!

My daughter (at the time 14) was highly amused at our age disparity.

I told my daughter I was going to introduce her to my girlfriend (yes I was divorced from her Mother) who immediately and inexplicably asked me how old she was.

I told her 19.

She then loudly exclaimed twice 19, 19?

Are you gonna stop and pick her up at the day care center?

We both laughed until we were in tears.

BK has been in and out of financial trouble.
For years .
They closed down a lot of stores years ago.
They moved there main headquarters.
To Canada .
For some reason years ago .
Or where baught out by a Canadian company.
Something like that.
Any way your best bet would be to to contact main headquarters .
They will deal with the owner of the store .
Or manager. If it's a cooperate store

Driving for a living back and forth on the I5 corridor.

I'd rather be shot than stop at some of the smaller cities fast food stops.

I've found the truck stops have way better food than a fast food spot.

I'd rather get a bag of beef jerky over some of the fast food options or even the stuff at the truck stops.

Stop eating fast food crap...

Problem solved.

Food prep isn't hard if your traveling but maybe that is just me.

Plenty of meals and snacks are travel friendly - and yea, I've done the drive all day, daily, for work thing.

I've also have ate like bubblegum and once I broke that habit I've never wanted to go back to it.

**As a side note:
Bouncing keto to eating carbs is really pretty bad for you - all those carbs get stored as straight up fat, you need to slowly add carbs over weeks to keep that from happening. Even cheat meals will do that, much less multi day debautchery.

Also, had a Mexican American girlfriend who I think fondly of now and then.

Having grown up in S Calif, I've had Hispanic friends, co-workers, and a hispanic GF. I even have a brown kid out there somewhere. (She was from a good Catholic family and got sent to a convent up north.) I had two years of Spanish and of course picked up some slang... I suck at conversational Mexican dialect, but I can order a beer, a woman, and curse some Pendejo out. :D

When min wage burger flipping is a now considered career instead of a part time job for teenagers, should we truly expect anything but apathy?

When min wage burger flipping is a now considered career instead of a part time job for teenagers, should we truly expect anything but apathy?

Well... I can see where that might happen when min wage is on the way to paying almost what a 4 year degree or skilled labor job starts at:confused:.

So far I've not been notified my base wage is going up $5 an hour:oops:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads