JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would be your choice?

• Wood stock

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Synthetic stock

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
I prefer a wood stocked rifle.

I understand that a wood stocked rifle requires a bit more upkeep and such...but I know how to do that...
And the nicks , dings and the like of a well used and well loved hunting rifle , do not bother me.
Abuse and neglect is another story.

As far as how a stock "feels'...well that is very individual...one rifle with its weight and balance , will be quite different in how it feels from one person to another.

Synthetic stocks , just like wood stocks are not equal and of the same quality.
They all vary in just how "good" they are.

It pays in the end to get what you like and what works for you...regardless of what someone else likes.
Andy
Do they make Hawkens with composite? :s0121:

Do they make Hawkens with composite? :s0121:
Sadly, yes:

R3210850_Deerhunter.jpg

I'm not even a muzzle-loader guy and I threw up in my mouth a little at that. :p

If I'm going to be packing it into a lengthy hunt I'd probably enjoy a synthetic or composite stock for the weight. If it's a personal taste measure, I will always enjoy wood.

Out of the 30-ish (I don't count on purpose) long guns that I own only 2 are synthetic stocked. While they aren't aesthetically pleasing to my eye, they have their place. They're tools. Both are obviously easy to clean and weather resistant. Though both are too light to give adequate weight to help with the recoil.

All in all, even with them requiring more care, I'll take a wood stock and blued steel everyday of the week. Plastic just isn't my thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top