JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are rifle blanks and tgen there are rifle blanks, if they are real nice they will sell themselves.
While I do have some that are finished, the ones I'm trying to sell now are just blocks of wood. And I know nothing
about the subject. I'm assuming they are oak from what I've read most are. But I'm not even sure about the type of wood. Don't really know how to proceed selling them without knowing what they are.

While I do have some that are finished, the ones I'm trying to sell now are just blocks of wood. And I know nothing
about the subject. I'm assuming they are oak from what I've read most are. But I'm not even sure about the type of wood. Don't really know how to proceed selling them without knowing what they are.
Very little chance that they are oak.
Most common wood types for a gunstock would be walnut or maple.

I don't know where you would fin a local buyer.
But you could try posting here.
You'll need good, fancy grade photos with good lighting and a light-colored background.
On each piece, take a damp cloth and wet a portion to enhance the grain for the photo !
Don't try to describe wood type unless 100% sure.

If advertising here doesn't work then it's off to Ebay.

Good luck

I do know someone local around me who builds wood rifle stocks but it is going to depend how the rifle blank is cut and the thickness of it, what type of wood it is and if they have any fiddle back or quilt in the wood. He has access to a duplicate machine with different patterns to different rifles. Pictures would help some to see what you got and you can fine sand one side and put a light stain on one side and see if any figure pops again depending on how the wood was cut to get the right figure out of the wood.

IMG_2679.JPG
If you zoom in you can kind of see the tiger stripes in the maple stock. But this is what they build and what types of wood they are looking for.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top