JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was hoping you guys could tell me if I got a good deal on this stove. Its a prep I've been wanting for a while, but I didnt have hundreds (even thousands) of dollars to spend on one. This wood burning stove was only $100. I havent picked it up yet, but the deal went through, and it looks beautiful for the price. what do you think, worth the money?

It looks great. That is a good brand. Check for cracks in the metal and look at the door gasket material for breaks or damage. Even if it is an old stove, and it doesn't look it, you should be happy with it for that great price. With the money you saved you can get good double walled stove pipe.

You might have to get a permit for the installation if you live within a city, and then you must install a stove that meets the clean air standards.

1. Look up the installation instructions for the stove on line

2. Contact your local fire dept BEFORE you install it for advise (be sure to have the factory install instructions)

3. Contact your Insurance carrier and notify them of your intent to put in a wood stove to get any requirements they might have.

4. If after talking to the Fire Dept they tell you you need a permit from the City/County etc. Talk to the people who issue the permit and get the permit.

6. After following the installation perform the installation exactly as directed by the Instructions and Permit.

7. Call the fire Dept for an inspection

8. Photograph the installation

9. Call your insurance company for either an inspection or to give them the Photographs showing you have complied with all instructions and permits.

10. Deal with the PITA that having a wood stove is: Hark work, Expense, Dry air/high static/dust/dust, Bugs/Spiders etc.

I love my pellet stove LOL. We heated with wood for a dozen years. Never more.

If your stove does not have an outside air source for combustion air, be aware that you are just shooting heat up your chimney and losing efficiency. IMHO pellets are the way to go.

1. Look up the installation instructions for the stove on line

2. Contact your local fire dept BEFORE you install it for advise (be sure to have the factory install instructions)

3. Contact your Insurance carrier and notify them of your intent to put in a wood stove to get any requirements they might have.

4. If after talking to the Fire Dept they tell you you need a permit from the City/County etc. Talk to the people who issue the permit and get the permit.

6. After following the installation perform the installation exactly as directed by the Instructions and Permit.

7. Call the fire Dept for an inspection

8. Photograph the installation

9. Call your insurance company for either an inspection or to give them the Photographs showing you have complied with all instructions and permits.

10. Deal with the PITA that having a wood stove is: Hark work, Expense, Dry air/high static/dust/dust, Bugs/Spiders etc.

I love my pellet stove LOL. We heated with wood for a dozen years. Never more.

Just because if you don't do these things your insurance may be void
Do it right so you don't lose everything.

dont forget that pellet stoves rquire the luxury of 120 volts :)
As someone 'off the grid', that is something I have to take into consideration. I use batteries, the sun, microhydro and a Honda EU2000i generator. So power use is everything. Or perhaps I should have said the LACK of power use is everything!

I heat with wood, have for 50 years and plan to for the next 50.....or so.... I heat and cook on a wood cook stove pictured at the top of this page... Stoves and More Online and it works fantastic.

What do you guys think of this stove. I heard its a local brand (Oregon) from the 70-80s. Its in my price range. thanks again
<broken link removed>

Never heard of it, and I can't seems to find any reviews on "Earthstoves". I'm looking for something inexpensive. What do you think?

Earth stoves were great. We heated our 1800sqft house in K-Falls with one for years. It got down below 0*F for a spell every year down there. Many days and nights every winter in the teens. Loaded up with lodgepole it held a fire all night no problem.
But I don't think they ever got one certified, which is necessary nowadays.

I have a Fisher Mama bear, had it for years. These things are not certified any longer but I keep it stored next to my fancy gas furnace, which is worthless without natural gas and 110 is out. I have wood and tons of coal I had delivered years ago that is part of my landscaping ready to go and plan on staying put until I have burned it all..should last 3 to 4 years. Oh and lots of ammo too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top