JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there a schematic somewhere that I could identify all the pieces when I put it back together ?

I dont know how difficult it will be but the gun is worth restoring.

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and go visit @Velzey, aka Tim at Copeland Custom Gun Works in Estacada. Click on advertising banner below.⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎ In a few minutes he can tell you what's missing, the likely cost of the missing pieces and what it would cost for him to return it to shooting condition. No worries!! I'm amazed this thread got to a second page without someone mentioning Velzey. We're slipping!!

Is this something that I'd need many specialized tools to fix or something it would be worth investing in ?
No specialized tools needed, just find an instructional vid and watch it closely. I see you have the link, carrier & FP. Easy to clean up. Soak the parts for about a week in Hoppes # 9 then try the 'copper penny' procedure to try to remove the rust on the link but its looks pretty bad but can be brought back to 'useable' condition anyway. The FP can be steel wooled back to like new appearance.

I wish I were closer ! I'd help ya out wit it!

If you've not fired a Win94 30-30 yet, you're missing out, they're really nice (can't explain it)

But yeah, depending on your feeling and comfort levels with this, you could do a lot worse than take it to @Velzey - mine is there currently as i'm having it slightly tuned, he'll be able to check yours over as well as identify and locate the missing parts and confirm any possible damage/function issues from parts/wrong ammo being forced in.

Regarding the wrong ammo being forced in, it's very possible and can be extremely frustrating in a lever action. A very long time ago a neighbor brought me his Marlin 1894 .44 mag. It was jammed up tight with the wrong ammo partly in the tube/carrier/loading gate/chamber somehow.

This was back in the early '90s and I don't remember exactly what wrong round or exactly how it was jammed, but I do remember that I had to dismantle it to the point of removing the lever, bolt, and loading gate. It was no easy task for me at the time since I'd never had one apart before. Now it would be no problem at all.

These are stupid simple to take apart and put back together, shouldn't be an issue for ya!

What did we ever do before youtube? Oh yea, I remember; we struggled through it and learned the hard way... :)

I admit, I use it all the time, whether it's changing a timing belt on a minivan, or learning something for work.

I've shot this gun before when it was working and it's beautiful. This seems like a fun project. I just need to identify all the pieces now... It seems like he's missing every damn pin for the whole gun, I'm amazed it's still in one piece....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top