Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester Mod 94AE butt needed....

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by tac, Feb 10, 2012.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Mornin', Gentlemen - tac here over in the UK. Last year a shooting pal of mine here bought a nice Model 94 in .357Mag for his young son to shoot - the stock had been cut down by about three inches already and he got it at a good price because of that.

Now, dang me if his son hasn't gone and grown some length in his arms! Just can't trust kids these days.

So, we are looking for a finished butt, butt-plate and screws to bring it up to standard spec.

The gun is only three years old, BTW.

Seems that no US dealer will ship such a dangerous thing as a lump of varnished wood to the UK as it is apparently a weapon of mass-destruction.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and, as I have relations in Oregon, as well as being a frequent visitor, any kind of a deal involving $$$$$$ is not a problem.

TIA

tac

2. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Find a woodworker who could shape you the stock and I have a butt plate.

3. tac

Thank you, Sir, for your kind offer. The gun's owner has been down that route already, hence his desperation in asking me to help him out. He was quoted just under $400 for a butt without a putt-plate....

This is the UK we are talking about here, y'unnerstan'.....

tac

4. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Put a request out on the free gun classified site. I did a while back for a Mossy 500 stock set and got several responses. There has to be a good, used Winchester stock out there somewhere.

6. tac

@RVTECH - good plan, Sir. I'l do it right now.

Best and thanks to al for the help and advice - much appreciated.

tac
    Hon Member Clark Rifle Inc