1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Poor Man's Hawkeye Borescope?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by raindog, Jan 9, 2013.

1. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I've often wanted a Hawkeye Borescope to see what the condition of a bore is, particularly for old milsurps.

Unfortunately, they're pretty pricey.

But I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a clever DIY way of accomplishing the same thing? I know they're kind of special because it's hard to make a camera that focuses in such a narrow space, has sufficient light, etc.
  2. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Here's one to look at General Tools SEEKER 400 Borescope 5.5mm with Wireless and Recording

In the past I sold a couple similar to these and they were pretty remarkable for the price. Just over under 1/4" dia on the probe so it would be a close fit for a 5.56mm bbl but chamber inspection would be easier. Anything larger and not only could you get a "PeeK" but record the scoping session for future reference. (Show a potential buyer or a customer what the bore looks like).