JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started planning my escape when they banned private transfers without an FFL being involved. I knew that it was only a matter of time before the liberals from CA turn OR and WA more into CA.

And now we see that with the recent 9th circuit decision, that legislators in WA are already saying this opens the door for banning concealed carry in WA.

Personally I've pretty much narrowed down my city/state of choice to Florida. Just need to take another trip for recon, as it's been a while since I've been. I can't be the only one. And please, spare me the "stay and fight" nonsense. This was already lost when people from CA started coming up here in DROVES since the 90's. It's no accident that OR and WA are starting to resemble CA politically and it's only going to get worse. Seattle is a liberal cesspool and I know I'm not the only one that wants to leave or has plans to leave.

I've lived in six other states besides Washington as well as a couple of foreign countries. This is the best place I've found so far. Blitz had is right when they said 'the best country in the country...'

I've lived in six other states besides Washington as well as a couple of foreign countries. This is the best place I've found so far. Blitz had is right when they said 'the best country in the country...'

So what do you think about the 9th circuit opinion and the democrats in WA already calling this an opportunity to ban concealed carry or limit it? Do you think our gun rights are increasing?

Am wondering how long you have lived in Washington?

Around 3 decades. I've seen it's steady decline around Puget Sound and with the liberals now being able to pass gun restrictions here such as I594, it's really only a matter of time before they want to adopt more "common sense" restrictions that disarm only law abiding citizens, just like California. Are you saying you will stay here no matter how restrictive it becomes? To the point where you will be deemed a felon for carrying anything more dangerous than a whistle?

Eventually tyranny will find itself in every state so moving is only prolonging the inevitable. That said I will stay on my home turf and prepare for the Great Unpleasantness to start.

I'm staying and fighting. F $#@ them. All they know is intimidation thru force of government power. I want them to understand the threat of force thru armed Americans who desire to live free as our founders intended. I intend to see them run back to CA with their tails between their legs, or stay here and STFU and leave my rights alone

To the point where you will be deemed a felon for carrying anything more dangerous than a whistle?[/QUOTE]

We can only hope the antigunners pull some stupid stunt like eliminate the existing concealed carry permit laws in this state. They would rue the day they overplayed their hand.

The Ninth Circuit decision applies to two counties in California, folks, it's not legislation. It's just a poorly written and researched decision that is very appealable. The gun haters and their lapdog media trolls are trying to push it into a lot more than it actually is.

A nice quote I found today from over at strike-the-root.com

"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land." ~ William Kingdon Clifford

I'm staying, unless the high taxes drive us out.

I just have to make it 8 more years and I am heading North back to Alaska no matter what they do with the gun laws I am getting tiered of fighting all these crazy laws and not just gun laws.
I want to enjoy my retirement hunting and fishing and the smell of low tide in the morning.:s0071:

So what do you think about the 9th circuit opinion and the democrats in WA already calling this an opportunity to ban concealed carry or limit it? Do you think our gun rights are increasing?

Around 3 decades. I've seen it's steady decline around Puget Sound and with the liberals now being able to pass gun restrictions here such as I594, it's really only a matter of time before they want to adopt more "common sense" restrictions that disarm only law abiding citizens, just like California. Are you saying you will stay here no matter how restrictive it becomes? To the point where you will be deemed a felon for carrying anything more dangerous than a whistle?

I didn't say that at all, I too have been here about that long and have seen it also. I abide by just laws, not unconstitutional laws and yes I can decide what laws are unconstitutional. We don't need no stinkin judges who put a party affiliate before the BOR's to make their decisions!!!!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson.

If it's one thing in life that I hate, it's people coming from another region and transforming ours into a steaming bung pile like the one they left!!!:mad::mad::mad:

The thing that has kept me here in Washington (the PNW) for over 31 years are the silver slime rockets in the rivers, if the runs get much worse than they are currently I'll uproot to greener pastures.

Strange, more people are moving to Tampa than any other place in the country...

Before moving to the PNW I lived and worked in the Tampa/Ocala areas. One of the reasons I left was the influx of YANKEES!!! It was not the same place, it sucked due to the quality of people that bought up any land that was not nailed down......
I was just in Tampa three weeks ago and did not recognize it, all the new road construction there are now Toll roads and you can have it!!!

Nope, this is where I was born and this is where I will be.

The issue here is the Washington non-requirement of proving your "need" to carry concealed which California has adopted.

So long as we preserve the shall issue status (that is, if you are clear of convictions and commitments) we maintain our ability to legally carry concealed, which is really the only way to go: you're non-scary-offensive to the sheeple, yet able to surprise robbers and assaulters, we are G2G.

Keep our eyes on the "need to carry" subterfuge and nip any attempt to change it in the bud, and we'll be OK. I'm not gonna go live in some banjo-playing-Deliverance-inhabited wasteland because it's easier than keeping our ability to defend ourselves. Foggetaboudit.

Id become VERY involved if we started to go that way here in Oregon. Mostly with my time. Politicians can ignore emails and calls, its harder when an assembly of angry firearm owners see them in person.

Trust me, the last thing politicians want to do is piss more of us gun guys off. So help me god Ill fight any more new proposed legislation, tooth and nail.

What sucks is Im part of our business here.. To move, sadly would be far too difficult for me at this time.

However, I would certainly increase my daily civil disobediance. So much so that Id become a thron in the antis side. They really dont want to go there with folks like us.

I started planning my escape when they banned private transfers without an FFL being involved. I knew that it was only a matter of time before the liberals from CA turn OR and WA more into CA.

And now we see that with the recent 9th circuit decision, that legislators in WA are already saying this opens the door for banning concealed carry in WA.

Personally I've pretty much narrowed down my city/state of choice to Florida. Just need to take another trip for recon, as it's been a while since I've been. I can't be the only one. And please, spare me the "stay and fight" nonsense. This was already lost when people from CA started coming up here in DROVES since the 90's. It's no accident that OR and WA are starting to resemble CA politically and it's only going to get worse. Seattle is a liberal cesspool and I know I'm not the only one that wants to leave or has plans to leave.

If you have the means, give a try living there, before you commit to permanent.

My folks rented in Fla for several months on both coasts over 2 years. Didn't enjoy either side as much as they had thought they would.

They then rented twice for several months in South Carolina over 2 years. Really enjoyed it, and moved permanent.

They are in there 2nd house there now. First neighborhood was great, just too far from services for them. Now they live within (long) walking distance to groceries / restaraunts, so they have access when they decide not to drive. Super easy to scoot around on a cart though.

They enjoyed the socializing in Fla, but moreso in SC (they have friends in both-but now many more in SC).

As for me, the job market for my career is simply awful in both Fla & SC. I could get a position in either easily, but the salary cut would be equally prohibitive for either. Like 40% lower.

To the point where you will be deemed a felon for carrying anything more dangerous than a whistle?

We can only hope the antigunners pull some stupid stunt like eliminate the existing concealed carry permit laws in this state. They would rue the day they overplayed their hand.

The Ninth Circuit decision applies to two counties in California, folks, it's not legislation. It's just a poorly written and researched decision that is very appealable. The gun haters and their lapdog media trolls are trying to push it into a lot more than it actually is.[/QUOTE]

Referring to your first paragraph....they are criminals in of themselves for violating their oath of office. I don't care what they label me....I owe them nothing

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top