JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I've said before, my earliest european ancestors were here in 1620, and my other ancestors around 20,000 years. We've been through worse, and we will get through this: as long as we stand our ground.
No quarter taken, no quarter given.
Sic Semper Tyrannus

I've lived here since 1965. The state has changed dramatically since then, and not for the better.
I have seriously considered moving elsewhere in five years or so. And not just because of the attacks on our 2A, although that is a major factor. The extreme liberalism of the politicians and many of the people, the high taxes, the high cost of living, the excessive fees and regulations....all good reasons to consider leaving in a few years.

I started planning my escape when they banned private transfers without an FFL being involved........... And please, spare me the "stay and fight" nonsense. This was already lost when people from CA started coming up here in DROVES since the 90's. It's no accident that OR and WA are starting to resemble CA politically and it's only going to get worse. Seattle is a liberal cesspool and I know I'm not the only one that wants to leave or has plans to leave.

You must be a youngin or new to the Hood. Cause I been watching CA move north since the first big wave in 1964............followed by the continual wave ever since.

After today, some may change their mind based on what I fear we will face in the next Legislative session.
All the reason to draw the line, deeper and longer. That's not to say honest and life loving gun owners won't face a persecutorial attitude from anti-gunners, somehow being associated by anti-gunners by some absurd logic that further gun control is justified by the acts of terrorists, people openly self-declared as at war with the US. When in fact, the appropriate response is another surge in gun sales, ammo buys, and increased training/skill acquiring in the face of an administration that won't even name the enemy but will all too happily vilify law abiding gun owners and American citizens who will never abdicate the right to self-defense from threats both foreign and domestic.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have spent at least a week in Montana every June since 2011. Nice country in June but damn cold in the winter. The sweet young wife and I are taking two weeks in Oct. to explore the outlying areas around Boise, ID then on to the Sawtooths. I retire in 3.5 yrs with a tier 2 pension. We will "get east" then but where we land is dependent on a good job for her. I was born and raised in N. Central Oregon but this is "the new California" and everyone here knows it!!!.......

Not going anywhere right yet....

Outlaw.jpg

No I wouldn't move, I moved here from Massachussettes last year...

I'd use my vote here & continue to do so.

What just popped into my mind just now-what if Portland tries to go along the lines of ?Seattle. I don't really understand the law up there, but my simple understanding is that Seattle basically taxed companies out the business.

Can't get into this hobby if it's unaffordable, or no where to buy...

"I'm not gonna go live in some banjo-playing-Deliverance-inhabited wasteland because it's easier than keeping our ability to defend ourselves. Foggetaboudit"

Classic!

Yup - I wouldn't hesitate; worked hard to own homes in the Puget Sound and Central OR - will keep my place outside of Bend regardless, but considering taking cash from selling our other place next yr. and buying in Montana/Dakotas - but when push comes to shove ...
Molon labe

"I'm not gonna go live in some banjo-playing-Deliverance-inhabited wasteland because it's easier than keeping our ability to defend ourselves. Foggetaboudit"

Classic!
Hey now! Some of my relatives think that the movie Deliverance is a documentary or a reality show ... LOL

Getting back to the OP ... Nope won't move.
My wife has her own business , I'm well regarded where I work and a Grandson is just about here.
Just keep voting and hoping for the best.
Andy

I find it ironic, I moved from Oregon to Colorado, and the differences are night and day! I thought I would miss Orygun having lived there my whole life ( minus the 20 years in the service) But the sad fact's are I do not miss it! Unfortunately, Kalifornia North has become a cess pool of crap, and it's not going to be getting better! Sad really, I really loved the Valley south of PDX! My new State did stupid with GunControl, Banned High Cap mags, But this and others are unenforceable, and we instead became an open carry state to stick it to the Bloombergs among us! It is oft said, the grass is always greeaner on the other side, and in this case, that is true, but it is sad that I had to leave Orygun to find this! It's a super cool place I have come to, the cost of living is much better here, and the people are way more relaxed, and LEO are more respectful! As long as the Kalifornuns stay the hell out, all should be fine!

Unfortunately, what I do for a living is somewhat specialized and the opportunities for it around the country are limited. Plus I get paid well, I like my job and my co-workers, and I love my state. I just hate the rat ba$tards in charge right now. No, it is highly unlikely I would leave this state, until after I retire - then it could be a possibility. But that's still a good 15-20+ years down the road.

East Idaho,ASAP.
My wife doesn't want to,as she has a clientele and makes really good money..But she understands that I can't stay here for her to live out HER dream,while crushing mine.
Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon.

I am planning on moving up to Oregon shortly from California. So tired of the restrictions on 2A kind of had no choice. Disappointing to read that Oregon is following California. Believe me so far the gun laws you do have are a dream compared to California. I would hope that my added vote and voice in this state will help stop the tide. California is already lost don't see it ever going free ever again.

I will be here the rest of my life. My ashes are to be spread on my property right next to my best friends. I would rather be surrounded by those that I care about than those I don't know even if they have four legs.

I will be a criminal some day not by my own actions but by those that want to control me and take away my right to self defense. I do not know when but the winds of change are coming.

Last Edited:
Probably Sand Point if they keep it up in Salem.Lived in Id.,in the 70's and regretted leaving ever since.Have two realtors looking in that area now.Do like living here.Retired to a nice A-Frame on a 2 acre lot in Grants Pass..Hate the idea of pulling the stakes again,but won't subject myself to another downhill battle like i fought in Kalifornia.Takes a butt load out of a guy..:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top