JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Illusions founded on fears can have only disastrous results.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.

Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.

The enemy sees the last point of view as weakness and laughs.

Unfortunately what one prepares for usually manifests, as that is what one is focusing their time and energy on ... if it is war, then there will be war. I see very few periods of no wars throughout human history. This leads me to think that since the concept of preparing for war was the predominate concept throughout history that this concept really does not work. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results I am told is one definition of insanity.

The cold war era was based upon mutual assured destruction (MAD), where both sides would be destroyed in the event of a 1st strike by the other. While this did not prevent limited wars from occurring, it did prevent global nuclear war.

What I hear you say is that conservatives want to keep doing things the same way, hoping for different results, while the liberals are wanting to try something different hoping for the basic goodness of man.

Sadly both camps might be wrong. This means that civilization as we know it is doomed, which is what I conclude from all the talk about when the SHTF, rather than if the SHTF.

Thus it seems to me it really does not matter which camp you hold on to, and perhaps Ecclesiastes 8:15, was right ... eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we shall die. o_O

Last Edited:
"Unfortunately what one prepares for usually manifests, as that is what one is focusing their time and energy on ... if it is war, then there will be war."
:s0113:

In the interest of preventing other frequently manifested and deadly occurrences, keep in mind;
- that preparing a family evac plan and having fire extinguishers causes house fires.
- having life preservers on a boat makes them sink, and wearing one causes people to fall overboard.
- keeping your first aid kits and training up-to-date causes injuries.
Don't be a conservative...prevent these frequently re-occurring events by being unprepared for anything, especially stuff that happens on a regular basis.
Remember the Liberal credo**," If it makes sense, don't do it again, make it illegal, tax it, then blame the resulting failure on someone else.)"

Perhaps Californian's could have avoided yet another water shortage by always carrying umbrellas and maintaining their roofs and gutters thereby causing more frequent rain showers? At least we now know why the liberals in California didn't build more reservoirs as the population quadrupled...they didn't want to cause any flooding.

** an idea or set of beliefs that guides the actions of a person or group

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews