JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Best bet would be to try to find the warren from whence the cat nabbed it, and return it. The doe will take it back. It's not going to do well on its own in captivity at that age without the doe. My ex is huge into rabbits, and I've learned a thing or two about them in 20-odd years of watching her deal with them...

ETA:
Spoke with the ex... judging from the size of the bunny (I sent her the pic), she thinks it's old enough to be returned, even if you can't find the warren. She thinks it's large enough that it has been eating things on his own, and that's probably why he was nabbed by Kitty - he had ventured far enough away from the warren that he got caught. The general rule is that if they (wild cottontails) are bigger than a tennis ball, they are self-sufficient. Wild cottontail does have 3-4 litters year, so they kick 'em out of the house pretty soon. She said they get self-sufficient really early, but they're still not wary enough, so they get caught. This bunny will likely not get caught by a cat again, having had it happen once already. Not to say it won't get nabbed by an owl or hawk, but unlikely that a cat will get it again...
Can you write that whole thing again but leave out the part where it gets eaten by a bird of prey... so I can show my wife
Lol jk

Can you write that whole thing again but leave out the part where it gets eaten by a bird of prey... so I can show my wife
Lol jk
HYG... :)

Best bet would be to try to find the warren from whence the cat nabbed it, and return it. The doe will take it back. It's not going to do well on its own in captivity at that age without the doe. My ex is huge into rabbits, and I've learned a thing or two about them in 20-odd years of watching her deal with them...

ETA:
Spoke with the ex... judging from the size of the bunny (I sent her the pic), she thinks it's old enough to be returned, even if you can't find the warren. She thinks it's large enough that it has been eating things on his own, and that's probably why he was nabbed by Kitty - he had ventured far enough away from the warren that he got caught. The general rule is that if they (wild cottontails) are bigger than a tennis ball, they are self-sufficient. Wild cottontail does have 3-4 litters year, so they kick 'em out of the house pretty soon. She said they get self-sufficient really early, but they're still not wary enough, so they get caught. This bunny will likely not get caught by a cat again, having had it happen once already.

I've got gobblers gobblin', Ma & Pa Mallard quackin', Mourning doves cooin', Canadian Gesse honkin', killdeer making whatever noise it is that they make, and last night the Wilson's snipe were whoopin' it up.

hqdefault.jpg

This morning while out doing chores I could hear at least 4 Toms gobbling. Hopefully I can get my own picture of the Snipes to share. They're elusive little buggers.​

I've got gobblers gobblin', Ma & Pa Mallard quackin', Mourning doves cooin', Canadian Gesse honkin', killdeer making whatever noise it is that they make, and last night the Wilson's snipe were whoopin' it up.

View attachment 1861215

This morning while out doing chores I could hear at least 4 Toms gobbling. Hopefully I can get my own picture of the Snipes to share. They're elusive little buggers.​
Get a good stick and a sturdy bag and you'll catch him for sure......here snipe snipe snipe!

View attachment 1861215

Wow snipe would be a hard pic to get. Only pics I've got of them are of their back flying away at a million miles an hour.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top