JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awesome pics.. I just got back from Glacier and will post some of my pics too.. I had a run in with rams as well up at Logan Pass and it was an exciting experience. I also got to see a mother grizzly bear with cubs and a moose on a trail.

Awesome pics.. I just got back from Glacier and will post some of my pics too.. I had a run in with rams as well up at Logan Pass and it was an exciting experience. I also got to see a mother grizzly bear with cubs and a moose on a trail.

I think I told you it was going to be awesome.:)

ZigZagZeke said:
I think I told you it was going to be awesome.:)
Awesome is an understatement of Glacier. The beauty left me speechless.. Hopefully, in next few days, I can put up the pics.. I got right up and close to a Ram on Logan Pass.. Scared the living crap out of me, but in a good way, you know? Then I had a run in with the moose on the Swiftcurrent Pass Trail that scared the crap out of me and the guys I was hiking with. But, once again, it was exciting. And, finally for first time in my life, I get to see a Grizzly Bear, mother with cubs. :D :D

We go to Glacier every other year or so. We like Glacier Wilderness Resort for the family. It's a couple miles east of the south park entrance. They have about a dozen log homes on 20 acres surrounded by National Forest. We want to go and camp sometime too. Did you get to Many Glacier on the east side? That's where the bears are thick and the scenery is amazing.

Sorry ZigZag, didn't see your message for a while. Yes, I did go to Many Glacier. As I said , I climbed the Swiftcurrent Pass Trail. I climbed to the top of the Swiftcurrent Pass Lookout from the Swiftcurrent Pass Motor Inn (4000ft) hike. It was the most amazing experience of my trip and the toughest hike I have done since I climbed South Sister. BTW.. I bumped into a Grizzly Bear mother with cubs in the Many Glacier side of the park. This happened when I was driving back from the Many Glacier entrance on the main road. It was the first time I ever got to see a grizzly bear in the wild. The only thing that sucked was that the mother grizzly bear had a radio collar on her neck, so she had a bit of human tampering, most likely for her own safety, I assume.

The Glacier Wilderness resort sounds exciting. Is that the resort near St. Mary or Two Medicine? Sorry, I didn't stay at any of the resorts, except just kicking back for a couple hours at the Many Glaciers Hotel. The Many Glaciers Hotel was so amazing. If I ever get rich, I will be sure to spend a night there. It would be amazing to wake up and have those giant peaks and Swiftcurrent Lake right in front of me.

EDIT:
I couldn't help myself. I just upload a bunch of pics from my trip to Glacier and Sawtooths to Flickr. You can look at them in the new thread I created in the Off Topic forum.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads