JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since we live in the Cascadia subduction zone, we all should be prepared as possible for the coming "big" one. Although I still have issues with finding .380, the whole Obama scare has calmed down a bit....

I doubt you'd find a lot of ammo out there after whatever happens, so it's best to have what you'll need on hand, if possible. One of the reasons that I have a 91/30 around, I can buy spam cans of ammo for less than $100 delivered. I know it isn't the best firearm out there, but it was the rifle that won WW2.

Of freaking course I'm joking, and being sarcastic actually!! Sorry if that didn't translate too well on the internet.

You have to admit that if you have a good supply of bullets you can barter your "skills and stuff" for some of the things you need, put down riots/looting/raiders, and make mutually protective alliances which is going to be more than half the battle I fear. As for the food thing, we got dry staple stores like rice, pasta, flour, and bottled drinking water that we add to a little more each week, and as far as fresh meat, that's what the various rounds of ammo are for.

For the record, I'm not a "militia type" (not even close) and NEVER wear camies/BDU's except when hunting, and I despise raiders, bullies, thugs, punks, liars, and theives... and would actually risk my life to save a stranger if needed.

:s0155: :s0155:

I knew you were joking, I just went off on a rant....sorry if it seamed directed at you. I just wanted to point out that that wasn't the first time (or the last time) that I've ever ran into that train of thought. My anger was directed at that particular violent mindset, not you.

I knew you were joking, I just went off on a rant....sorry if it seamed directed at you. I just wanted to point out that that wasn't the first time (or the last time) that I've ever ran into that train of thought. My anger was directed at that particular violent mindset, not you.

I kinda wondered at first, but figured that was the case. I feel ya on what you said about raiders/looters...

It's interesting to see that on this forum we can have a RANT, a SCREAM, and a RE DO. I'm afraid that in a real scenario there won't be time for apologies or re do's... I applod the level heads. As to the OP's question. I've been where it's hit by nature three times, and by man twice. Once it's hit, it's too late! Game over. You're not a "prepper" any more... you're in it!
Buy your preps now! And to those re loaders with gear you haven't used in a while... try a few rounds. Have you got the extra primer removal pins? Will you need a final crimp die? If you don't have the spares all of those re load components may be useless when you need them most. And as for food WATER, It takes a lot of water to drink, cook, survive. WATER, WATER, WATER!
A1

Last Edited:
It really doesn't matter, you will be dead long before the ammo runs out.

jj

Jim, What are you on< Vitamin B?! You're always so positive! Well keep it up, you make some interesting points.
A1

Just that people will be able to get ammo long after we are all dead even if you live to be 100. Just make sure you have enough for your own needs so you won't have to pay big bucks for it when you run out.

jj

Just that people will be able to get ammo long after we are all dead even if you live to be 100. Just make sure you have enough for your own needs so you won't have to pay big bucks for it when you run out.

jj

So which is it? It doesn't matter because I'm dead, or I live to be 100 so I need a good stockpile to keep the cost down, LOL.

Seriously JJ, I'm all for NATO. At least having the firearms for it. IMHO if there's any real quantity of loose ammo around, that's what it will be.

I have to stop you there...it is this mentality that scares me. People that have the guns and ammo then spend all their money on more guns and ammo thinking that is all they will ever need is a RAIDER. A raider will take what they need by force because they want what you have...if you have guns and ammo you can be able to KEEP your food and silver. I know you were joking. But to me, what is the difference? Seriously, if you know that things are getting bad and just decide that it is best to get body armor and CS grenades over fencing your yard and buying mylar bags for your rice then I hope you are the first to get shot. Seriously...you are the one-percenter of preppers/militia members that make the rest of us look bad.

Sure, the dope dealers and the crack smokers will be looting the TV stores. But the raiders will be shooting the grandmas for their grain elevator and tractors long before the Golden Hoard comes looking for food.

Am I alone in this train of thought? Seriously....does anyone else feel this way? If you know that the dollar is collapsing but chose to spend your money on crap that makes you feel better now with the intent to take what you need later, then I hope you get hit by a bus.

The buses won't be running!

So which is it? It doesn't matter because I'm dead, or I live to be 100 so I need a good stockpile to keep the cost down, LOL.

Seriously JJ, I'm all for NATO. At least having the firearms for it. IMHO if there's any real quantity of loose ammo around, that's what it will be.

LOL well if you need ammo and use it for defense then when the fight is over you are either dead or you are picking up your enemies weapons and ammo. To me the question really doesn't matter as I will have a weapon both caliburs. What matters is staying alive. Man limits himself to one platform and one ammo limits his chances. Just my opinion and obviouse it has no value.

jj

LOL well if you need ammo and use it for defense then when the fight is over you are either dead or you are picking up your enemies weapons and ammo. To me the question really doesn't matter as I will have a weapon both caliburs. What matters is staying alive. Man limits himself to one platform and one ammo limits his chances. Just my opinion and obviouse it has no value.

jj

I agree with you. I just meant that in the mix, I will have what it takes to shoot NATO.

I prefer the Red Dawn method. When "they" come you better be ready because there aint going to be time to do any digging for that crate that you barried years ago.. What you got on you may be the only things you end up being able to bring...althouh I hope I have time to empty my closet of its emergency supplies..Got the guns..got the ammo...got the water purifier...Now all I need is to get some supplies of canned food packed in a tub or container for when the first Zombie wave hits.

Remember we have never been closer in human history as we are right now ro an impending Zombie uprising.:s0131:

No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. SHTF stands for "stuff hits the fan". You will also find out that whenever someone uses profanity on the site that it is automatically substituted with the word "bubblegum" to keep it clean.

Sometimes I think it means "Shirt hits the fan." Other days I think it means "Sheet hits the fan." Oh, I'm so confused. :)

"SHTF" can be translated to "the fecal material hits the rotating airfoil"... Or "the balloon goes up" (from 3AD days in the Fulda Gap) or any other term to mean that it is TEOTWAWKI....(the end of the world as we know it)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top