JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So - although it's a comfort to have everything safely tucked away in the gun cabinet - your money might be better spent on food, water, medical, and other survival supplies.

Agree, and I'd say it even stronger - your money IS better spent on food, water, medical and other supplies. That's the first thing I took care of. The kids can't eat bullets.

It's also why I consoldiated down to just a few calibers and have started reloading. .223, 12 ga and .45 ACP for me. So to the OP question - .223/5.56 for me. Not as cheap, but definitely more common IMO, at least with our military.

Buy gold, buy silver... buy food insurance...

If you have bullets, you can get gold, you can get silver, and you can get food....

I now have several thousand rounds (each) of 9mm, 45acp, .223, 7.62x39, .308, 22lr, and 12ga. (in assorted loads) all organized, packed (for long term storage), and ready for immediate use... its all part of my EVIL plan to take over the Willamette valley... MUAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa...............

And your evil twin Stepper right.

Watch for Obummer's next E.O. It will be "Common Sense" gun control,,nation wide registeration prepitory to confiscation,,,plus massive jail time if caught with an unregistered gun or ammo.

Edited~Trlsmn

Rule 9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

A post about Obama and gun control may fall within the rules. All of Obama's other "Change we can believe in", not related to firearms is against forum rules

When you throw it through it fan it sounds like, "Marine"!!! :s0112: ;) :s0155:

That is a Navy term. Old four piper cans with fresh water boilers and fans that pressurized the boiler room. Some snipe would crawl out of his hole and leave grease marks on a bleach white wooden deck. Some poor deck ape under the hot South China Sea's sun, slaves away holy stoning the deck back to white. To return the favor, a bag is used, filled and dropped into the boiler fans that pressurizes the boiler room. Upon hitting the fan blades, the snipes are picking the particles from their eye teeth, as told by a old China Fleet Sailor.

What happened when Obama was elected? I wasn't using either caliber, but based on what I saw on trips to BiMart the shelves were pretty bare except for 12ga. Don't know about the gun shows or larger ammo retailers. Any comments?

What happens near any election..poorly prepared people go NUTS for guns and ammo. They rush stores and buy whatever they can. The only ones who benefit from the panic are the corps who make guns and ammo. The guy at Bi-Mart can't help but sell you whatever they ship him. Bush, Clinton, Bush2, Obama...It'll happen next guy too. The best time to buy these items price-wise is in the middle of the election cycles. Prices stabilize along with supplies.

What happens near any election..poorly prepared people go NUTS for guns and ammo. They rush stores and buy whatever they can. The only ones who benefit from the panic are the corps who make guns and ammo. The guy at Bi-Mart can't help but sell you whatever they ship him. Bush, Clinton, Bush2, Obama...It'll happen next guy too. The best time to buy these items price-wise is in the middle of the election cycles. Prices stabilize along with supplies.

All of the above is correct. There is, of course Reloading. Stock up on components. While there are those among the Reloaders that panic and run up prices, it's not as silly as those that stock up on ammo for guns they don't even own, thinking they can get rich when "the day" comes.

I think its important get off the soap box when it comes to this "Raiders, Thugs and Gang Banger" mentality. You only need to look back 150 years or so to find the key to survival.

The Native American tribes that were good at raiding other tribes had a much easier time than those that were being raided.

It will be as it has always been .... Survival of the fittest and that includes the most cunning.

From what I see most who are sitting on large stocks of food and water seem as though they will be ok watching family's starving to death in there front yards while they sit back saying " to bad for your luck. Should have preped better.".

Now who comes across as more of a "THUG" the man risking his life trying to feed his kids the only way he can at that moment or the smug assh$$e with all his food.

I hope I never live to see the hard times that I'm preping for. But if I do I'll do WHATEVER it takes to live for one more day and I'll bet everyone on this site will do the same!

Interesting observation Bo,
But the fact that some are choosing to look around them and recognize the perilous times we're in AND do something about it, Like stock up, doesn't make them Smug.
The same people buying two into ones from Mountain Eagle, or a Latte every morning from Starbucks could rather be buying beans and band aides for their family... where they choose to spend their money now could be a critical choice for their future. Of course I believe in charity and wouldn't want to turn away a starving kid.... Been hungry in the past myself. Please don't think I'm being arrogant, I lost my home to the BoA scum, so every thing I do for my prepping is an effort. Every time I take an action to prep I remember I'm doing this for my kids, so they can keep their bellies full and know that even though dad got wiped out financially he still did his best to care for them.
Glad your on the forum, hope you can encourage others to stop, look, & prep too.
Regards,
A1

Thank you A1. I visit this and other forums often and have picked up a lot of excellent information.

I do not think that being prepared makes you "smug". I try to lay in extra food when I can. Admittedly not as much as I would like but with 4 kids there's never a lot of money left at the end of the month.

Now please let me be clear. When someone says "I hope you get hit by a bus you thug / domestic terrorist/ raider....ect " because you have noticed that I a large supply of food and water THAT is not only smug but very immature. THERE WILL BE NO RULES when the SHTF.

This seems to be the 800 pound gorilla in the corner that no one wants to talk about. I find it amazing that some act as thou they preped and no one will come around to kill them and take what they have.

If I've offended anyone by saying this so be it. But anyone who's not ready for this is not truly prepared.

But anyone who's not ready for this is not truly prepared.

The sad thing is that the politicians, over the years, have done nothing to make people self sufficient in any way shape or form. To the contrary, they have done everything in their power to make them dependent on Government in order to increase their power.

We are now a society of "Ants" and "Grasshoppers". As for me, I will have more sympathy when the SHTF for the "Ant" that has done his best and come up short than I will for the "Grasshopper" that has played and squandered, thinking the Government will bail him out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top