JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a second there I started justifying in my head why I own firearms and then realized I shouldn't need to justify why I like having rights.

Freedom just feels good... I wouldn't just limit that to firearms, I like having and expressing my freedom. . .

But mostly freedom to do for myself is important to me.

Others can suckle off of society and have others do things for them, but we don't all have that privelage.... Some like me don't want that privelage because we get a sense of satisfaction out of doing for ourselves as much as possible. Having personal accountability makes you feel good about yourself.

Yeah there are lots and lots of reasons I like firearms, I like freedom, it's an explosive expression of my freedom... Even greater persuits of happiness.

And after all, isn't life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness what it's all about? And protecting property...

In spite of passing much of my formative years in the UK, I have never, since age six, been far away from guns. I spent my school vacations in Switzerland, not in sightseeing, although that was glorious, but on the local village shooting range, whenever I got the chance. Same in Finland - where I got to enjoy shooting and skiing combined, an interest that lasted up until the Army changed over from shooting Norwegian Army-issue sniping rifles to .22 popguns with Fortner actions.

My very first own purchase was a Browning Hi-Power in 1968 - a pistol that I kept right up until it was taken off me in 1997. I was, at that time, a serving Major. A friend here in Oregon has one just like it, that he kindly lets me shoot whenever we are here - the same goes for a Model 29, a S/42 Luger and his beautiful 1915-built Colt Model 1911.

Since 1968 I have acquired the nineteen Section 1 [Rifles] firearms that I presently own. In yUK that is substantially more than most leisure shooters have, although I DO know people with many times more than that. So I guess that I have guns because, in spite of all the hoops I have to jump through, I won't be beaten down into sheephood. I have my guns because, for the moment, I CAN have my guns. Right or wrong, it gives me a feeling of control that people who cannot have guns cannot experience. I know that if ever the whole shebang goes bad, my 66 years of shooting, with all the muscle memory that goes with it, would enable me to pick up a gun and use it to defend me and my family from harm - just as you do in the USA, of course. Except that you can use your own guns to do it - in yUK THAT is illegal.

I'm never far from hearing the little voice in my head that says - enjoy today, tomorrow they might all be gone - and I shoot as much as I am able.

REALITY CHECK TIME:

There were 7 televised media shootings............in all these shootings no armed citizen was present.
Meanwhile in the USA this week there were hundred of people who responded to a armed intruder and
some criminals died, but the majority of gun owners did not.

I buy guns to compensate for my small wiener, and console my fear of people, because I'm a weak little white heterosexual guy with mommy issues. :confused:

Not really, I'll kill you with a teacup! o_O

Haha, you own a Tea Cup, do you raise your pinky when you drink from it? :p

I don't own any guns, they are bad, and scare me. Instead I built a safe place in my basement, and play call of duty all day.

Guns have always been a part of life for me, I grew up learning to shoot so that I could join the older family members and contribute a share of the food stores with my hunting. I served for 20 years with a rifle and a med pack and used both daily for many years, I never really considered a gun as any thing other then a hunting/ protection tool, it's just the changes in this country has changed my needs! I'm still a hunter, I collect and enjoy fine hunting tools, but I place a very high value on those evil black guns that no one but the military needs, because I don't see any difference between what I could carry in the service and what I can carry now, in many cases what I can carry now is better then what I could when I wore the uniform!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top