JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1. When did NightForce become such an "it brand" of scopes?
2. Are they really worth the coin, comparable to other brands?
3. Why the heck are they so confusing with their model numbers?

Considering a mid-high to high end scope for my 6.5 CM. And I am trying to learn about the options, but find the NF scopes are hard to learn (remember all the acronyms), and quite frankly kind of hard to get your hands on to kick the tires.

Nightforce builds a good product, and their main consumer are the long range crowd. I've always been a Leupold guy except when it came to long range scopes. However, Leupold released the Mark 5HD last year and it's been a real step up for them. I liked it better than my ATACR so I ended up selling my NF and getting the Mark 5HD 5-25. I would suggest you look at the Mark 5HD, or if you want something in the less than $1k range, the VX-3i LRP is also a great choice. It's basically an updated version of the older Mark 4.

Night Force is one of the best in the business because of the options available to the shooter! Once you do your home work and decide which one fits your need best, then it's a simple matter of choosing the power you desire! Remember where Night Force comes from, the Mil requirements for a top level optical sighting system with no equals in the business, that remains today, and the serious professionals will choose them over others because of the options! In that game, there are really only three companies, the other two don't offer any thing close to the range of power and options in one tube!
Depending on exactly what you want, there will always be choices from N.F. the trick is finding what that is! Once you dig in, the numbers and type will start to make sence! Any questions, we can help! :)

I always recommend the NXS light seeker in a 3.5X15X50 as the standard by which all others should be judged! I prefer second focal plane, and the Milrad reticle with zero stop, return elevation turret option and 1/8 turn windage, this scope will give the maximum performance across the board with out additional complexities and weight! They are Bomb proof, ultra reliable, and the glass has no equal!:)

Sportsmans does carry them, but you really wanna call ahead and see if they have one in stock!

At this level of the game, N.F. has many advantages, tops is the fact that there is enough internal adjustment ( 110 MOA) to dope with out a -20 MOA base/mounting option ( unless you are REALLY stretching things, like .338 L.M.) so you don't have to learn that system and remember the math that goes with it!

I always recommend the NXS light seeker in a 3.5X15X50 as the standard by which all others should be judged! I prefer second focal plane, and the Milrad reticle with zero stop, return elevation turret option and 1/8 turn windage, this scope will give the maximum performance across the board with out additional complexities and weight! They are Bomb proof, ultra reliable, and the glass has no equal!:)

Sportsmans does carry them, but you really wanna call ahead and see if they have one in stock!
Is there a link to see one a those? All I can find are 30 oz ones in that power range.

Not a fan of Milrad. What NF would you recommend for 1K or less competition with 6.5 CM??:rolleyes:
Not too $$$$$ ? 1/4 MOA adjustments? or 1/8?

A quick down and dirty shows a sorta comparable Leupy to be within 5 OZ of the N.F. and the leupy will never hold up against a N.F!
A comparable Schmidt and Bender is actually 2.4 OZ more, and fewer options, and also $800 more at the minimum!

I'm guessin you guys aren't talkin hunting rifles? I should have caught that from the 6.5creed:D I'd love to put a NF on one my hunting guns but thats too much to pack around. I dont have anymore Vortex on my hunting stuff. I may go up to 20 oz but thats about my limit for scopes.

Here are some really good options @ron

NightForce SHV 4-14x50mm F1 Riflescope, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm, Up to $40.00 Off — Free 2 Day Shipping w/ code 2DAYAIR — 2 models

NightForce Precision Benchrest 8-32x56mm Riflescope, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm, Up to $40.00 Off — Free 2 Day Shipping w/ code 2DAYAIR — 2 models
I would do this one with the NP-R1 Reticle!
nightforce-np-r1-reticle1.png

@Ura-Ki Thank you for all the info. Based on what you have said, and what I know... I think I would like something like:

FFP (though I am not 100% sold on that yet)
power: 4-24 or 5-30
MOA (as opposed to MRAD) since all my other stuff is MOA.
1/4 MOA adjustment (maybe 1/8 but haven't thought that through yet).

Weight isn't a concern since it is going on an already 12lb 6.5 creedmor.
I have a 30mm tube, 20MOA rail on there (because it was on-sale) but would not be opposed to changing that as well.

I guess I am going to have to learn some NF stuff. I will dig around their website tomorrow. Thanks all.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top