JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That one^^^

My wife usually gives me the highlights when I get up. That is easier for me because she knows me well and censors the crap I don't want to hear about;).

Which is more and more as the elections get closer and BLM bs escalates...

Now I'm sleeping on the couch for my leg and my wife's sanity (I'm up 2-3 times a night and we have a water bed so there would be no getting up without waking her). Hard to avoid being awake if the tv is on news - puts her back to sleep and makes my blood pressure rise.

Waterbed? those still around?... thought those went out in the 80's! :)

I hear you though, the TV News stations only feeds the public negativity, how often do you hear a positive story on TV news that can uplift a community or about someone doing good?... they prefer to keep everyone with a suspicious mindset and a hair trigger reaction because violence draws attention from everyone and that's what raises ratings.

Regarding these protesters, most of them probably dont have jobs and have nothing better to do but to create a scene, in the SF bayarea they would block off 880 freeway during rush hour and keep people who were driving home from work stalled on the highway for hours while the police did nothing, now we have these athletes like kapernick instigate these matters even more by not standing? for the national anthem, he says he's protesting inequality but talk is cheap! if he really cared about this issue why hasn't he invested some of his millions of $ into some foundation for peacefully trying to resolve some of these issues?

These athletes are just about the attention, they cant stand being irrelevant so they start some bogus protest to draw attention to their anger but they dont want to invest any energy into seriously trying to find a resolution because at heart they don't even know what their protesting.

The media is the source of all fads and evil, with greed a close second.

Sorry for hijacking your post man didn't mean to rant kinda caught some momentum as I started writing, heck I don't even watch the news anymore either! just football and ninja turtles! :)

Joe13
Did you know that if your waterbed starts to leak you'll get a crick in your back . . . .

Sheldon

I have my wife take off the stilettos before getting in bed;).

And what's with all the 80's comments:p - I stopped maturing mentally in the early 90's:D.

Honestly, I inherited my grandparents water bed frame when I was a young teenager and have just always preffered them to regular mattresses.

Top of the line waterbed mattress runs around $300-400 vs a few grand for a spring matress and takes very little effort to increase or decrease the 'hardness/softness' of the bed.

If the above didn't keep me in one, when my parents moved into their new home the ceilings were too short to accommodate their California king oak bed with towers and full headboard so I got that from them and wouldn't ever trade that for a traditional bed.

And I dislike cold beds hehe. Heated bed with cold air is the best man:s0119:.

I'm still waiting for MC Hammer pants to make a comeback:rolleyes:.

Yup it got turned off. There's better content on the internet then the news.

We rarely use the tv for public broadcasts but my wife likes it once in awhile and she puts up with all my interests without complaint so I try to reciprocate when I can;).
I cancelled my cable box and just went with Internet TV. Not one regret. My kids didnt mind either.

Wife gets to sleep in a bit on Saturdays and watches the new to fall back to sleep on the couch.

All I see (or hear) this morning are 3 things:

SC - Cops shoot black man - don't really know all the details if they are not releasing camera footage of it, so I'm reserving my opinion on that.

WA - Mall shooting in Macy's - again not enough information other then white dude with "a rifle".

Portland - Protestors march thru the city (I estimated by the footage 80% at least to be white) and "demanded" to talk to the mayor about doing something so this doesn't happen in Portland:confused:.

Only shootings I see hear are gang related and it ain't the KKk shooting up houses and people at 3am in NE and SE Portland...

One protester runs up on the cops holding a line trying to hold back the crowd and pepper sprays him - then he goes on TV with the balls to say how much it burned and that the mayor works for the people and they are the people... Don't these a-holes know you can make an appointment by calling on the phone. No, they would rather lay on the ground on a bridge and hold up traffic to make a point for something that isn't even a problem here...

Then why wife wants to know why I woke up "grumpy" today. I told her because a bunch of self righteous, with nothing better to do people are in Portland acting like fools. If they wanted less shootings then they would hang out in the bad parts of town surrounding downtown Portland at 2 am and inconvenience the gang members every night.

Needless to say, the TV is off now:mad:

LOL!!! No law saying you guys have to sleep in the same room!
What with the C-pap and all we went to sleeping apart. On my part, it's cause my wife snores like a 300lb trucker! Now don't you young guys think this is some kind of tragedy! Best sleep I'd had in 35 years! And, we know where each other's rooms are, made things much more spontaneous! :D
I've always had excellent tv's, and cable (now Direct tv), but I didn't watch that much when I was mobile, but now I'd be bored senseless without it! You guys on the "kill your TV" side are nuts, though at one time I leaned that way. There is so much quality tv out there now,it's amazing! Travel, nature, science, a little on the food networks! Wow! I watch two sitcoms, a little FB, bicycle racing, off road racing etc! Just IMO!
Hang in there, buddy! :)

PS: We have recently become hooked on "Big Cat Diary!" Highly entertaining and educational program! We were surprised to find its been going since the late ,90's!

Last Edited:
LOL!!! No law saying you guys have to sleep in the same room!
What with the C-pap and all we went to sleeping apart. On my part, it's cause my wife snores like a 300lb trucker! Now don't you young guys think this is some kind of tragedy! Best sleep I'd had in 35 years! And, we know where each other's rooms are, made things much more spontaneous! :D
I've always had excellent tv's, and cable (now Direct tv), but I didn't watch that much when I was mobile, but now I'd be bored senseless without it! You guys on the "kill your TV" side are nuts, though at one time I leaned that way. There is so much quality tv out there now,it's amazing! Travel, nature, science, a little on the food networks! Wow! I watch two sitcoms, a little FB, bicycle racing, off road racing etc! Just IMO!
Hang in there, buddy! :)

PS: We have recently become hooked on "Big Cat Diary!" Highly entertaining and educational program! We were surprised to find its been going since the late ,90's!

We have never had a tv in the bedroom, partly for finances but mostly because we watch mostly the same type of shows. She does have a few she watches when I'm not around and visa versa. (Dr. who vs hunting videos)

I'm a cuddler by nature (insert de-manly jokes here), but also tend to have some bad nightmares regularly. Just having a foot or leg touching my wife tends to help me snap back to reality much faster then on my own - which is why I keep loaded guns and knives far enough out of reach that I have to be Full awake to get to them, but close enough that I can get to them quickly if needed.

On normal weekend days I sleep in more then she does so the news isn't normallly an issue. Or I am not couch bound and can find something else to keep occupied.

The TV ads combined with my add turn me into a drooling toddler at a Chuck E. Cheese with sensory overload which is why we like Netflix a lot. Helps that we didn't watch anything but movies for years after canning cable so we have had a lot of content to catch up on and as soon as we are done with the rotation of shows, another season of something pops up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top