JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife gets to sleep in a bit on Saturdays and watches the new to fall back to sleep on the couch.

All I see (or hear) this morning are 3 things:

SC - Cops shoot black man - don't really know all the details if they are not releasing camera footage of it, so I'm reserving my opinion on that.

WA - Mall shooting in Macy's - again not enough information other then white dude with "a rifle".

Portland - Protestors march thru the city (I estimated by the footage 80% at least to be white) and "demanded" to talk to the mayor about doing something so this doesn't happen in Portland:confused:.

Only shootings I see hear are gang related and it ain't the KKk shooting up houses and people at 3am in NE and SE Portland...

One protester runs up on the cops holding a line trying to hold back the crowd and pepper sprays him - then he goes on TV with the balls to say how much it burned and that the mayor works for the people and they are the people... Don't these a-holes know you can make an appointment by calling on the phone. No, they would rather lay on the ground on a bridge and hold up traffic to make a point for something that isn't even a problem here...

Then why wife wants to know why I woke up "grumpy" today. I told her because a bunch of self righteous, with nothing better to do people are in Portland acting like fools. If they wanted less shootings then they would hang out in the bad parts of town surrounding downtown Portland at 2 am and inconvenience the gang members every night.

Needless to say, the TV is off now:mad:

If I lived in Seattle I wouldn't be surprised by every dumb LibTard protest...these guys need excuses to burn something and everyone wants their 5-minutes of fame.

My suggestion? Just don't give it to them.

Well joe, if you don't like the way the newscasters are slanting those stories you have freedom to change channels to something more entertaing, like thc. The hillary channel.
Jim, ducking and running:p

Well joe, if you don't like the way the newscasters are slanting those stories you have freedom to change channels to something more entertaing, like thc. The hillary channel.
Jim, ducking and running:p

Yup it got turned off. There's better content on the internet then the news.

We rarely use the tv for public broadcasts but my wife likes it once in awhile and she puts up with all my interests without complaint so I try to reciprocate when I can;).

LET ME SEE . . . First the NFL . . . then NPR . . . now the news . . . then the debate . . . The next thing you know the only thing I'll be able to watch/listen to is the NRA TV program!
Well, that's not entirely true. I can re-view the "Girls with Guns" thread!?!?!?

Sheldon

Well. You know what they say?:D

HandleTheTruth.jpg

KILL YOUR TV!!!!! :D

Havnt had cable TV for 10-11 years now. The antenna only really gets used once a week if that for half an hour and during the Macy's parade and the New Years events.

Other then that it's my Mac's Monitor, I just can't live without it!!!!:D:p Nothing like surfing por... I mean this website on a large monitor:cool:

We pulled our cable 2 months ago; an absolutely necessary action in protecting our mental health. There is plenty of news on the internet, and one has a little more control, i.e. you don't get into alpha wave state and sit and stare until it's too late. HD antenna's are cheap and easy if you want the local news, which is what we did. Otherwise, Amazon Prime with Firestick and Netflix is more than enough entertainment.
The hyper awareness/instantaneous coverage tends to make events bigger in every aspect, as well as overwhelm the senses; and I don't think it makes one better informed or more aware, just more overwhelmed and emotional, as well as not thinking clearly and disconnected from daily life by internalizing these events that are mostly out of our control.

Growing up We had the "news" coverage of the Vietnam War broadcast during the dinner hour, even then we knew that the "news" wasn't news unless it was bad news. We stopped in the mid 70's. and only watched t.v. shows and sitcoms and Saturday Cartoons. Had cable right after I retired it was the Bndle deal and cost an arm and a leg for the 6 or 7 channels I would watch, Pulled the plug in 2010 and have not missed it! Now it's just the Interwebs and Local weather reports, and the Scanner for alerts!

Wife gets to sleep in a bit on Saturdays and watches the new to fall back to sleep on the couch.

All I see (or hear) this morning are 3 things:

SC - Cops shoot black man - don't really know all the details if they are not releasing camera footage of it, so I'm reserving my opinion on that.

WA - Mall shooting in Macy's - again not enough information other then white dude with "a rifle".

Portland - Protestors march thru the city (I estimated by the footage 80% at least to be white) and "demanded" to talk to the mayor about doing something so this doesn't happen in Portland:confused:.

Only shootings I see hear are gang related and it ain't the KKk shooting up houses and people at 3am in NE and SE Portland...

One protester runs up on the cops holding a line trying to hold back the crowd and pepper sprays him - then he goes on TV with the balls to say how much it burned and that the mayor works for the people and they are the people... Don't these a-holes know you can make an appointment by calling on the phone. No, they would rather lay on the ground on a bridge and hold up traffic to make a point for something that isn't even a problem here...

Then why wife wants to know why I woke up "grumpy" today. I told her because a bunch of self righteous, with nothing better to do people are in Portland acting like fools. If they wanted less shootings then they would hang out in the bad parts of town surrounding downtown Portland at 2 am and inconvenience the gang members every night.

Needless to say, the TV is off now:mad:
My $0.02....I keep all news to a
minimum. All it does is feed my brain with information not relevant to my personal life and creates unhealthy emotions which then drives bad behavior on my part. The bad behavior being my words and tone start going negative and all this because words from someone else, whom I do not know was allowed by me, to influence my mind.

I have enough trouble controlling the things I need to control and prefer to deal with issues when they are in front of me...not some bs in PDX/Bosnia on the Willamette or any other place.

:)

My $0.02....I keep all news to a
minimum. All it does is feed my brain with information not relevant to my personal life and creates unhealthy emotions which then drives bad behavior on my part. The bad behavior being my words and tone start going negative and all this because words from someone else, whom I do not know was allowed by me, to influence my mind.

I have enough trouble controlling the things I need to control and prefer to deal with issues when they are in front of me...not some bs in PDX/Bosnia on the Willamette or any other place.

:)

Same deal here. What you feed your mind becomes ultimately physically manifested.... there's already enough of "killin' what needs killin'" going on without having BLM drones added to the list. ;)

That one^^^

My wife usually gives me the highlights when I get up. That is easier for me because she knows me well and censors the crap I don't want to hear about;).

Which is more and more as the elections get closer and BLM bs escalates...

Now I'm sleeping on the couch for my leg and my wife's sanity (I'm up 2-3 times a night and we have a water bed so there would be no getting up without waking her). Hard to avoid being awake if the tv is on news - puts her back to sleep and makes my blood pressure rise.

Havnt had cable TV for 10-11 years now. The antenna only really gets used once a week if that for half an hour and during the Macy's parade and the New Years events.

Other then that it's my Mac's Monitor, I just can't live without it!!!!:D:p Nothing like surfing por... I mean this website on a large monitor:cool:

Same for me. Dumped cable TV a long time ago. I use my Mac Mini on a 50" LCD with 100mbps internet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top