JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just taking these prices off NW Armory's web site:
  • Sig P365 with three 12-round mags for $550
  • S&W Bodyguard for $315
I looked at G36s and G43s at Keith's and both were well under $500.

Check the "only show in stock" box - the P365 vanishes and the 42/43 should be less than $400. The Bodyguard is available in a few places, I paid around $230 for mine, with the CT laser in 2019.

the P365 vanishes

Not to turn this into a NW Armory thread, but it shows in stock in all stores.

42/43 should be less than $400. The Bodyguard is available in a few places, I paid around $230 for mine, with the CT laser in 2019.

Fair enough. I'm not disputing that prices are higher now, I just don't think they've skyrocketed. Back in the 2012 panic, anything that wasn't a single action cowboy revolver doubled in price and we haven't seen that level.

I'm not disputing that prices are higher now, I just don't think they've skyrocketed.
They did, but they are now, finally, trending down.

For a while the Mossberg 590 Shockwave was impossible to find, and people were asking $1099 when they had one to sell. Now I see them for $599 or so, psa used to put them on sale monthly for $269. Low cost ARs were pricey, for a bit. I sold several for a lot more than I paid for them. Manufacturing seems to be catching up on those now.

The Sigs have always been available, but spotty. Probably linked to when a production run ships. I got a couple P365 and an MCX. The MCX has always been pricy, I paid a small premium but not much. The 365's I paid about the same premium, $100 or $150, but percentage wise that's a lot more.

Prices are finally dropping. That doesn't mean they didn't skyrocket, in fact it actually means that prices DID skyrocket and are now slowly returning to normalcy.

By skyrocketing, I mean at least doubling or tripling.

For example, just a few months ago I could buy a 50 round box of 115gr Winchester 9mm for about $15 pretty much anywhere.
I saw that same ammo a couple weeks ago at Curt's Discount (no pun intended) for $30 a box and NW Armory was selling something similar for $36 in aluminum.

That's skyrocketing... and also price gouging. And thank you to Cabelas for selling at $16.50 a box last week with a 5 box limit for non-members... 8-box limit for members.

Gun prices have not doubled or tripled.

Just depends where you shop. Got a LGS you've been doing business with for more than a decade loyally? You might get a deal. To go a big box store and bohica. Ammo sellers are gonna give you the struggle snuggle no matter where you find it

Some had, not as many now. For instance the previously mentioned Mossberg, or the $800 AR I sold a while back, after paying $280 for it less than a year prior.

Supply of high demand firearms does seem to be catching up now, less in demand not so much yet.

And thank you to Cabelas for selling at $16.50 a box last week with a 5 box limit for non-members... 8-box limit for members.

So from $15 to $16.50 is skyrocketing, but adding $100 to the price of a Glock is not. A little shotgun thing going from $270 to $1100, not skyrocketing, but 3 cents a round, skyrocketing.

Your theories fascinate me, please subscribe me to your newsletter.

Gun prices have not doubled or tripled.
See above. They did, now they are partially recovered.

I personally never felt ammo skyrocketing. I have plenty. *shrug*

Some had, not as many now. For instance the previously mentioned Mossberg, or the $800 AR I sold a while back, after paying $280 for it less than a year prior.

Supply of high demand firearms does seem to be catching up now, less in demand not so much yet.

So from $15 to $16.50 is skyrocketing, but adding $100 to the price of a Glock is not. A little shotgun thing going from $270 to $1100, not skyrocketing, but 3 cents a round, skyrocketing.

Your theories fascinate me, please subscribe me to your newsletter.

See above. They did, now they are partially recovered.

I personally never felt ammo skyrocketing. I have plenty. *shrug*

you took my quote out of context. I was mentioning cabelas as an example of a company that was NOT price gouging.

Im truly baffled that people arent doing this with magazines as those WILL be attacked via a national bill or state ones.. it just makes sense to have extra on hand. The market on those are still great.. buy now.
When I lived in CA (for work, no other reason) I routinely sent PMAGs and other stuff (mags, ammo, primers, propellant, brass, etc) to the folks on the farm here in Roseburg. It's easy to lose track when it's not stacked in sight.

Dad would just stack them in the shop. When I'd come visit we'd unbox stuff. After a couple years, Dad said "you ever think that maybe you might have enough of that stuff?" during one of those sessions. Now that I'm back in town, I'm still unpacking boxes most weekends and (1) it's a voyage of discovery and (2) Dad might have had a point.

But I'm OK with it.

I might sell a few tubs of propellant to the LGS this week. They offered cash for that, brass or primers.

Just sold a rifle I paid $900 for, for $1400, in a day. o_O

Dad would just stack them in the shop. When I'd come visit we'd unbox stuff. After a couple years, Dad said "you ever think that maybe you might have enough of that stuff?" during one of those sessions. Now that I'm back in town, I'm still unpacking boxes most weekends and (1) it's a voyage of discovery and (2) Dad might have had a point.

But I'm OK with it.

I might sell a few tubs of propellant to the LGS this week. They offered cash for that, brass or primers.

I have a surplus now. I know a ton of guys with only polymer AR mags.. I keep telling them the classic aluminum USGI mags may be a worth while investment since they do hold up. Ive managed to break a few Pmags accidentally thus I think owning a few spares can only help. Mag diversity is good. I have a few other buddies with only 1-5 mags. When +5 more again would be a decent idea to either sell, trade or have for spares.

By the time most catch on (like now) prices have risen. Mags/Drums will soon catch up. Im amazed they havent yet. I had about a dozen pals come out of the woodwork when the firearms panic started all wanting 2017-2018 deals.. told them times have changed.

I have a surplus now. I know a ton of guys with only polymer AR mags.. I keep telling them the classic aluminum USGI mags may be a worth while investment since they do hold up. Ive managed to break a few Pmags accidentally thus I think owning a few spares can only help. Mag diversity is good. I have a few other buddies with only 1-5 mags. When +5 more again would be a decent idea to either sell, trade or have for spares.

By the time most catch on (like now) prices have risen. Mags/Drums will soon catch up. Im amazed they havent yet. I had about a dozen pals come out of the woodwork when the firearms panic started all wanting 2017-2018 deals.. told them times have changed.
Do you have a preferred manufacturer?

Do you have a preferred manufacturer?
Price point to quality Ive really enjoyed C product mags. Awesome stuff. Believe it or not whoever made Brownells USGI mags sure had a few sloppy ones make it past QC. I think I had 3-4 out of 10 that were wonky as all get out.. a few of my lowers didnt like the mags at all. Ive had a couple Okay Industries mags that were SUPER rough, sharp rivet type edges downt he spine, sticky followers. Not sure if I ordered a bad discount batch but they looked incredibly rushed. When I sold some polymer mags here on the forum a while back I tossed those in for free to the member that purchased my other mags. Not worth selling, but perhaps with TLC they got those mags smoothed out.

C product mags ran about $7 pre covid (on sale?), roughly $8-$12 now. I purchased a ton of them. Zero issues that Ive ran into. Ive got a few Pmags as well.. after cracking a few feed lips, spin or baseplate I just have a distrust of polymer for a long term investment is all. And Im not super rough with my mags either. These were all from butter finger drops.

Price point to quality Ive really enjoyed C product mags. Awesome stuff. Believe it or not whoever made Brownells USGI mags sure had a few sloppy ones make it past QC. I think I had 3-4 out of 10 that were wonky as all get out.. a few of my lowers didnt like the mags at all. Ive had a couple Okay Industries mags that were SUPER rough, sharp rivet type edges downt he spine, sticky followers. Not sure if I ordered a bad discount batch but they looked incredibly rushed. When I sold some polymer mags here on the forum a while back I tossed those in for free to the member that purchased my other mags. Not worth selling, but perhaps with TLC they got those mags smoothed out.

C product mags ran about $7 pre covid (on sale?), roughly $8-$12 now. I purchased a ton of them. Zero issues that Ive ran into. Ive got a few Pmags as well.. after cracking a few feed lips, spin or baseplate I just have a distrust of polymer for a long term investment is all. And Im not super rough with my mags either. These were all from butter finger drops.
Just ordered 10x from magcommander. They better not suck!

For example, just a few months ago I could buy a 50 round box of 115gr Winchester 9mm for about $15 pretty much anywhere.
I saw that same ammo a couple weeks ago at Curt's Discount (no pun intended) for $30 a box and NW Armory was selling something similar for $36 in aluminum.

That's skyrocketing... and also price gouging. And thank you to Cabelas for selling at $16.50 a box last week with a 5 box limit for non-members... 8-box limit for members.
How many of those boxes of ammo from Cabelas do you think ended up for sale online for double the price?:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top